Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(1).. i belive the old saying goes..nature ahores a straight line..so doe's alfa romeo..:cool::D..on the way back from work today..i decided to take hy 128 :cool:from green valley road ( near fairfeild ca.) to near winters ca.. about 20 miles of twisty road..going up green valey rd.. got stuck behind a minivan.:(.but got lucky it turned left to napa, and i went right.. after a few miles on 128 i saw another car in front of me.. a bimmer..lights on( always on these roads for safety):) got behind him..appt. he saw me closing.:eek:.he started to drive off trying to shake me.:D..but i stayed with him all the way( i think it was an auto bmw..did not hear to many gear changes)i kept mine above 4000 rpm to counter his acellerations(sp?) but the straights where short..nothing but curves:), some posted as low as 20 mph...up and down hills, all those wonderfull corners.....had him all the way..could not shake me..:D..and for you safety advocates out there ;)..i was not tailgaitting.. alway left at least 4 car spaces between him and I..:D.... as for bmw type.i was a 3 type.no speical badges on it..i wonder if he is posting on the bmw bb, about a pesky old alfa spider on his tail:):)

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
..i wonder if he is posting on the bmw bb, about a pesky old alfa spider on his tail:):)
nah, he would never admit to that in public:D:p

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
I'm sure the BMW guy is telling everybody how he kept you behind him the whole time.
That was my thought too, if he/she/it is/has even mentioned it to anyone.

Truth be told, you really want thier attention, you gotta pull that nasty pass where you zip by at way faster than they can go through the corner, then chop in so close that they almost smear the paint off your rear bumper.

THAT will get thier attention and quite thoroughly make whatever point.

Granted it's rude as all get out, and not neccisarily the right thing to do in any number of books/rules/morality stories, but sometimes one has to assert ones authority in a severely aggressive fashion. (besides, if you can make them spike thier brake out of fear, then you've got that one-up moment to talk about for years to come....)

Did I mention I hate everyone out on the roads and think they are all worthless bits of dog turd that should be laying out in the yard as opposed to driving on my routes?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
..on the way back from work today..i decided to take hy 128 from green valley road ( near fairfeild ca.) to near winters ca.. about 20 miles of twisty road..going up green valey rd.. got stuck behind a minivan.:(.but go lucky it turned left to napa, and i went right.. after a few miles on 128 i saw another car in front of me.. a bimmer..lights on( always on these roads....
Thanks for the memory flash bianchi. I grew up in Fairfield and know that road well. Waaaay back in HS I made 'bout the same run in a MGA... Probably why I ended up with a Duetto after college.....

Robert

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Better be faster than a bear bottle when you have asserted ones authority. :D
Bottles don't generally scare me.

Glass pitchers on the other hand can mangle a person.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts