Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bolts on the very top at 11 and 1 O'Clock, seem to be stripped. They turn and turn but never loosen. Anyone had this happen and what should I do. Trying to remove my transmission for a rebuild.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Those are bolts your are turning, look on the other side of the engine and you'll see the nut or vice versa, two long bolts with nuts. Not very easy to get to, but not very hard either. So, I should be seeing this transmission soon?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are nuts your are turning, look on the other side of the engine and you'll see the bolt head, two long bolts with nuts. Not very easy to get to, but not very hard either. So, I should be seeing this transmission soon?
I don't understand what you meant be seeing. My son bought me this computer, I still use 35mm film, so if you meant seeing it online, not going to happen. If you meant physically, I may be able to UPS it to you tonight or in the morning. Thanks for the help Dave! I'll give you a call in little while if I need anymore help God Forbid!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I don't understand what you meant be seeing. My son bought me this computer, I still use 35mm film, so if you meant seeing it online, not going to happen. If you meant physically, I may be able to UPS it to you tonight or in the morning. Thanks for the help Dave! I'll give you a call in little while if I need anymore help God Forbid!
No problem! Deep breathes!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem! Deep breathes!
It is out now, thanks, you were right about those being bolts and nuts. I'll be shipping it out to you by tonight, removing the bellhousing now. 3 syncros 4 syncro rings and the seals. Let me know if the dog rings are A OK. I'll email you the tracking number, considering you are only a state away, I'd hope you'd have it by Friday. Do your stuff and we can see what will happen.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Do your stuff and we can see what will happen.
You will not be disappointed! Remember, now is the time to replace your reverse light sender on your bellhousing! Give me a day to massage your transmission and I will send it right back to you-again-you will not be disappointed!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The shift between first and second are tight. No more grinding, nice and smooth, I sincerely appreciate the work you've done, thank you! Reverse light finally works now too. I understand what you meant by the spec clutch kits having a stiff pressure plate, I went ahead and got the stage 3 as I told you I was getting, but also opted out for their flywheel also, instead of having my old one machined.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
The shift between first and second are tight. No more grinding, nice and smooth, I sincerely appreciate the work you've done, thank you! Reverse light finally works now too. I understand what you meant by the spec clutch kits having a stiff pressure plate, I went ahead and got the stage 3 as I told you I was getting, but also opted out for their flywheel also, instead of having my old one machined.
Can you tell a difference with their aluminum flywheel? I wanted to get it, but was unemployed at the time of the rebuild, so I had to go out and get mine machined:mad:
The tighteness between 1rst and 2nd will fade after about 50 or so miles, mine is still tight, but nowhere near as tight as when I first put it together. Drive her hard and love it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only real difference I can see is how much faster the engine revs up, but that may be because my wallet is now empty.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
The only real difference I can see is how much faster the engine revs up, but that may be because my wallet is now empty.
faster revs=less rotational weight=more power to the ground due to less lost through drivetrain=better mpg. Give it time, she'll pay for herself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts