Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on rod and main bearings.. and the thrust bearing I will be ordering new bearing for my car, what are the chances that they still will be in oem spec.. so I can get standerd bearings for the crank and rods, from what I have read here the crank is very durable , on the thrust bearing , they only come in 1 size so no worries here?....... I am replacing my rings so while the motor is out I want to do the breaings for safety.

·
Premium Member
14,000 Posts
My 169 HP motor was built with the bearings that were in the short block that I bought for $100. They looked OK and they were in spec when I checked them with Plastigage. If I had to buy new ones I would get them from someone who has a business model that is not based upon low price. I have a basic distrust of aftermarket parts, particularly relatively cheap parts.

·
Richard Jemison
7,379 Posts
Bearings

I agree with Ed.
Mazda Comp reccomends reusing the main bearings unless damaged.

Thrust bearings are available in .010 oversize as I have a package on the shelf.
You won`t need them if the thrust surface on the crank are good and the grinder leaves them alone when grinding the main journals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts