Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,875 Posts
Hate to see this, but there are morons who go out and buy these cars and immediately trash/crash them, having more money than brains.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey there,

How much for the wheel and tire shown in this posting? I'm also looking for a left front fender as well as the front carbon fiber spoiler. Please let me know if you have either of these two parts and how much you want for them.

Thanks,
Charles

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
One of them still had the remnants of paper tags. Sad

·
Supporting Vendor
4,390 Posts
The cars are not hard to handle per se, but they do have over 500 hp. After owning one for a while I think there are a couple of things that can catch new QV owners out a bit about these cars:

1) The tires (Pirelli Pzero Corsas) are really poor when cold. By cold I mean when the tires are not warmed up, not just when it is cold outside. In this respect they are more like typical DOT race tires than normal street tires.

2) The steering ratio is really quick. This takes some getting used to. But if you get the car loose, it can be really easy to overcorrect and get into trouble.

3) The car has tremendous high-rpm power, which can be somewhat addictive. I always want "just one more hit" when I drive the car.

All of these things, when put together, mean this is a car that rewards smooth inputs and a driver that knows when to say when. It actually has a lot of mechanical and aero grip, and if you respect the power it's a great car to drive. Most people would be fine behind the wheel.

But there is always the one idiot that gets into the car, puts it into RACE mode right away and wrecks the car. The owner's manual calls for a 1,000 mile break-in period before using full throttle and high revs, but someone from Alfa told me that was as much for the driver as the car.

·
Administrator
12,572 Posts
Good for Alfa Romeo, they get to sell more units

Pete

·
Registered
7,752 Posts
Steering inputs.....and ratios on modern cars. MY VW Atlas .has the same twitchy steering.. INSTANT movement with minimal inputs. I was told all modern cars have electrically controlled steering which contributes to this new style of driving.. EYES straight ahead! I think it also brought on the need for new lane monitoring systems to keep you between the lines. All supposed to be good things but I prefer the mechanical steering systems of yore. Just thought I'd add to Joe's comments

·
Administrator
12,572 Posts
Is it electric power steering, or electrically controlled steering?

Pete

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I wonder if both of the engines got "blowed up" if if the cars were just stuffed into something. That would make a dandy engine for a mid-engined Alfa project car, along the lines of the unfortunately named Diva concept car or a Lancia Stratos. TOO much power actually.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts