Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am in the process of restoring a series 1 1969 1750, I want to convert the diff to a LSD using a good second hand 2 litre differential...if you happen to have one tucked away somewhere I would be very interested to purchase from you.:D:D:D:D

I am in Melbourne Australia.:)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Hi FMD....I may be able to help you out. I've got a 2lt Berlina parts car coming in a few weeks, and the diff may be surplus to my needs. If you're in no hurry I would consider selling it.

I'm in Melbourne as well.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 ltr LSD

Hi FMD....I may be able to help you out. I've got a 2lt Berlina parts car coming in a few weeks, and the diff may be surplus to my needs. If you're in no hurry I would consider selling it.

I'm in Melbourne as well.

Thanks i would be more than keen to discuss further:D:D:D:D....please PM details if you wish...

I have got some other good folk:) looking out for me also.....so if we can do something this would be great and i will need to let the others know as well...

Im assuming that the Berlina houses an LSD differential....are you private or a business? and if so, would you be interested in trading a 1750 non LSD?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
All 2000 Berlinas had an LSD, as with the coupes. Wouldn't need the 1750 non-LSD as I have one of those spare already! I'm a private seller.

The parts car I'm getting is still at the seller's place, I have to collect it in a couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All 2000 Berlinas had an LSD, as with the coupes. Wouldn't need the 1750 non-LSD as I have one of those spare already! I'm a private seller.

The parts car I'm getting is still at the seller's place, I have to collect it in a couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted.
mate

i would be keen to confirm this at the earliest convenince, considering i have 5-6 weeks up my sleeve to get this reconditioned and in the car...

really appreciate your help

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm not 100% sure what the ratio is for the auto diff. I've just been told that autos run a ratio of either 3.2 or 3.9, but I've also read that they are the same 4.3 ratio as the manual berlina. So until I get the car I have no idea what the ratio is.

A 3.2 wouldn't be much good for fast street use, it's more suited to highway cruising.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Hi Guys.

Manuel Berlinas had a 4.3 LSD
Auto Berlinas had a 3.2 LSD
These are for cars sold in Australia.
All 2 litre coupes,spider + berlinas came with an LSD diff.(cars sold in Australia)
Some dont have them cause they have been swapped.So,make sure it is an LS
An auto LSD in a mauel car would have long legs and a top speed of about 200mph.Thats if it could do 200mph.
An auto Lsd in a manuel car is a great diff for interstate cruising=high speed-low RPM.
Not good if looking for performance= drag racing off the lights.= no engine torque.
I have used an AUTO, LSD in manuel cars,and actually like it,but no good in city traffic cause its like taking off in second gear instead of first gear.
Manuel cars=called stick shift in America.

Robert

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
The manuel 2 litre coupes had a 4.1 ratio.
Have seen either 4.3 + 4.1 LSD in 2 litre spiders
cars sold in Australia.
I know some USA spiders had a 4.5 LSD.
Can any USA people tell us which models ?
I know they do,cause i have used them for race cars.

Robert

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PM sent to giulia_veloce

The manuel 2 litre coupes had a 4.1 ratio.
Have seen either 4.3 + 4.1 LSD in 2 litre spiders
cars sold in Australia.
I know they do,cause i have used them for race cars.

Robert

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
The 4.56 LSD diff was fitted to all three US model Alfas, the Berlina, GTV 2000 and Spider 2000 from 72-74 inclusive. The Spider continued with the 4.56 LSD thru the 1979 model year before switching to a 4.10 for 1980.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts