Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past year BJ Bob Johnson of Italian Motor service, Spicewood/Austin TX, did the conversion for me and in the early spring of 2008, I got the car for testing. Sent it back for starter rebuild and hook up of the AC conversion. Also other miscellaneous little issues.

I'm thinking I need a colder air source for the engine, right now it is probably getting hot air from the engine and air conditioning system.

Economy seems to be in the low 20's, 'tho I need some more accurate mileages to correlate with gas purchases. Speedo cable fastener needs repair.

We have discussed the possibility of recalibrating the formerly standard five speed engine for the three speed Alfetta automatic. Don't know if there is a way to improve the engine's match to the transmission for fuel efficiency.

Anyone experimented with Hydrogen supplementing of Alfa four cylinder engines?

Other Photos of car are in Alfetta Photos Thread

Attachments

·
Registered
990 Posts
Weird looking air filter on that intake....

Maybe this is going one step further than you want to, but have you considered using the ECU from an auto spider? Or (i doubt this is feasible, i know little about auto transmissions) mating the guts of a spider auto transmission to the alfetta transaxle?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts