Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
tremere613.....just to clarify, those are for a Spica 2L and will not work on a Bosch engine. This might better help you reach your buyer.
Cheers, Jon
It will work on Bosch engines as well on carb engines. You need to grind away the protrusion finn. In Europe a very common mod on imported Spiders from USA.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Here you go. The Spica covers have no provision for a mechanical fuel pump. However, they can be used on a carbed car with electric pump or a Bosch injected car. This one is on my race 1750. The Spica belt rib is easy to grind off.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Can a 2L Spica cover be used on a 1750 Spica motor? It would be nice to upgrade to a spin on/off oil filter.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Kalmcleod, I tried everything, all types of cleaners and aluminum specified cleaners, and I still couldn’t get the staining out. Finally, I decided to paint it with engine enamel paint. Very satisfied with the result. I have about 600 miles on the motor with no issues. Changed my oil once so far and the oil that spills on the pan from the filter cleans up so easily. It doesn’t have that factory sheen but it looks really nice and I think the final result looks great.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts