Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,501 Posts
Please don't destroy anymore 24v pulleys (or did you use the wheel from a 12 valve 164 pulley)? The 24v pulleys are hard enough to find as it is! Besides, the 164 12v and 24v trigger-wheel is a 60-1 and the OP was asking for a 36-1... (What system are you going to use Matthew - most of them have settings that allows a choice between trigger-types - the good ones any way...)!

You have to mill that 60-2 wheel down A BUNCH! It may be easier to get a thinner-profile wheel (like the ones that electromotive sells) and then you have to enlarge their wheel's center.

Then you need to remove meat from the back of the crank-pulley, tap and drill some holes and counter-sink some screws to hold it on there! Now your balancing is disturbed and you should rebalance, but could get away with it!

Have a look at some of my threads - there are some good details there with pictures!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,338 Posts
get a wheel off a 164 and just press it on. that is what I did I then had to mill it down to make some room for the water pump pulley.

see http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/engine-management/26315-vems-install-my-verde.html
I'm in the tuning process right now with my MS I built a couple years ago for the Verde. Just doing fuel right now but need to get to spark to take advantage of the cams I've got in there. Few questions, how'd you get the trigger wheel off the 164 pulley, just heat it or press it off? Second, what did you end up using for the crank position sensor, a 164 sensor? Also, did you rebalance the crank pulley?

Thanks,
Kevin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,984 Posts
Yes it was off a 12v and I heated it and taped it off. I just used a hand held torch.
Then just taped and worked my way around, took my time. I do not remember too much so it must have came off easy. And yes one off a 164. (VR pickup)

I had to tap the holes. I had a cover off a 164 to look at and I used it to set the depth of the drill in the drill press. there is 2 holes for each bolt, one for the bolts and one for the hollow tubes. so I drilled the bigger size first to take the tubes. I used the 164 cover to set the stop. I just drilled until it hit the stop. Then I put in the small drill needed for the tap, set the stop with the 164 cover. Then drilled my cover. So now the depth is the same on both covers. I think I also milled the surface flat. I think you could skip that part. but the 164 was milled so I just wanted it to be the same.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top