Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious about the 3.0 markings and 2.5 that are supposed to be embossed into the passes Ide head on a V6 to identify them, so I went out to look at my new GTV6 for reference.

The only mark I could find looks like a 3 and an 0, but not quite?

I'm pressure this engine is. 2.5 liter.

There is a small mirror in the attached photo, and it looks to me like an infinity symbol, then a 3, then a 0. Is this the correct mark?

Thanks,
Ian

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,071 Posts
That is spark plug #3. The mark is on the rear of the cylinder head

·
Richard Jemison
7,075 Posts
Engine markings

There are 30 markings in later 2.5 Liter heads. The only marking to rely on is hidden on the block obscured by the starter. There will be either a 2.5 or 3.0 casting there.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is spark plug #3. The mark is on the rear of the cylinder head
No not that, give me a little credit! Lol.

Here, I zoomed in on the little mirror.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Engine number.

Also. Engine serial number is on the back lh side of the block. Not sure how it works for you guys (interested to know) but we have a registration data base. Data base has Vin and engine number information which “should” identify information relative to the engine serial number. Ie engine type and vehicle/chassis number engine was registered with.

·
Premium Member
26,708 Posts
Try to look at in your case on your new to you GTV6 driver's side rear of engine block just below where head joins block to see engine type and serial number. FYI AR06412**xxxxxxx is engine type/serial number for Alfa 164B/L 3.0L engine.

I don't remember what the GTV6/Milano 2.5 or 3.0 engine type numbers are.

AR64301 is think is 164S engine.

·
Premium Member
13,071 Posts
Here is the mark on the block that Richard referred to.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the "I'm a moron" category I remembered that I have a spare V6 sitting in the garage, so I went to look at it. Each head had a different mark on the back, but I also found the engine number.

Is that a Shankle external oiling kit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts