Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This past weekend's 2.5 Challenge race was one of the best so far. Just under 20 cars made the grid for Sunday's race. Steve Link (510) won, Richard Beard (GTV) in second, and Chris Kattchee (Giulia Ti) came in third. Richard did not run Saturday due to clutch problem and had to start dead last on Sunday. Patience and good driving payed off as he worked his way through the field. Fabrizio's Giulia Super ran well and he turned a very respectable 2:04. Since it was the car's first weekend we did not know what to expect from the car. Now we have a little list of things to get ready for next time out.

AlfaBB will have a gallery of pictures from this past weekend sometime by the end of the week. Here are a couple pictures of the post race celebration

·
Registered
167 Posts
That was a great race, but a difficult weekend.

We had a clutch disc go out on us saturday morning, and when we got the new one in we realized that the pilot bushing had backed out of the crankshaft, we had to pull the transmission twice this weekend.

BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME OUT THIS WEEKEND!!!

Thanks,
Richard

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Just getting back home to Mexico City.

GREAT RACING WEEKEND. Lost's of great cars, good guys and fun racing.

I was actually sufering looking at everyone get in their cars and race until I saw them starting to load ALL of their stuff to get back after the race.

Best regards,

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eliseo,
It was nice meeting you and Jose Luis. Can you email me pictures of the red gtv with green nose when you get a chance? Yes, we do take a lot of stuff to the track...we sually bring more!

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the kattchee's have that car very well sorted.

it's the same motor i have in my car. cosworth pistons and a jon norman head.

·
Registered
378 Posts
75evo, the kattchee brothers are doing REAL well. its great to see those great guys finishing way up there because they have put so much hard work into that car and now it is really paying off. Other than their 3rd place in the 2.5 Challenege, they were also running strong in the medium bore race. Their car is what really motivated me in building my super. hopefully mine will be as well sorted as theirs is some day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts