Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if any of our members from the north may be interested in watching some wheel-wheel action this weekend at Thunderhill Raceway Park (www.thunderhill.com). I hope to see some fellow AlfaBB.com people there, I will be there with both of our Alfa's #108 and #181.

Richard

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Thunderhill

Good luck to you and your dad. I can't go because Fabrizio's school decided to do his graduation this weekend. Make sure you guys beat up on them 510's, 2002's, and Cortina's. I want to see pictures. I'll call you Saturday night to get a full on report...keep ypur phone with you.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finished 3rd in the trophy race on sunday after starting last. The car ran good but sunday morning as I was sitting on the grid for qualifying, I noticed water temp rose from 220-260 in about 2 seconds(steam) no one had a head gasket so we ended up pulling the engine and putting in another one that we were getting from George Willet. With this new motor we cut 4 seconds off our best lap time. We didn't run saturday because of the motor but 7 hours of work later, and 1 tow truck to use as an engine crane, and we were back on track.

Good weekend, and thanks to all those involved

Richard

I will post pics when i download them

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tow truck pulling the motor out of the #181, with all looking on, George Willet, Fred Sheudakaup, Richard Beard, and Kevin Mckee

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The top 3 standing in podium style

1: Steve Link Datson 510
2: Mickey Cohen Datson 510
3: Richard Beard Alfa Romeo GTV

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts