Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Just designed the interface between the Alfa belhousing and the ecotec block,next get the motor
Are you going with an Alfa transmission or just the bellhousing? Would seem odd to swap the motor and not the transmission.

Why use the 2.2 L61 ecotec instead of the much more powerful 2.0 LNF or LDK?

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 2.2 is Easter to find,a d cheaper,you can get 180-185 hp out of it easy,but most importantly. The torque is far far better than the Alfa Romeo. Motor,no less than 120 ft/lbs from 1000-6500 rpmc,can be updated. To 165 ft/lbs also ,much. Better than stock,I already run the t5 transmission in my car,this will go into my spider

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The 2.2 is Easter to find,a d cheaper,you can get 180-185 hp out of it easy,but most importantly. The torque is far far better than the Alfa Romeo. Motor,no less than 120 ft/lbs from 1000-6500 rpmc,can be updated. To 165 ft/lbs also ,much. Better than stock,I already run the t5 transmission in my car,this will go into my spider
My turbo spider would beg to differ on the torque front :grin2:

Seems to me, if you are going through the trouble of a motor swap, why not go big?

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can add a low boost turbo if I wanted,looked into it already,I am designed the turbo in mind for a later date

·
But Mad North-Northwest
9,885 Posts
Why would it be trolling? If he can get rid of the Alfa motor, it'll be a huge step in the direction of the ultimate goal - completely ridding Biachi's Alfa of all Alfa parts.
A very valid point.

Bianchi, wouldn't it be easier to go the other way? Buy an '85 Mustang and put some Alfa badges on it :D

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
when is a alfa motor the same as a alfa motor

when they are the same motor, some of you folks are ' deniers ' but the motor in a ecotec gm car is the same as the alfa romeo 2.2 , water pump, chain drive ALL THE GASKETS, cam phashers( later models..but I think I could put some of your noses on top of the motor, and you still would not say they are the same motor,,sad..

Attachments

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am waiting.................................. alfa romeo( fiat,, codesigned the motor with gm( opel Europe) and the head is a lotus design..)why can you not belive this
? hard to understand why not, unless you think that alfa romeo motors are mystical motor built by unicorns, and elfs..alfa romeo is in dire times,, they could not develop a motor by themselves in the ealry / late 2000..

·
But Mad North-Northwest
9,885 Posts
Oh, GM, sorry. Should've suggested you start with an '85 Fiero. IRON DUKE!!! :D

(man, it's so easy to get Bianchi riled up!) :D :D :D

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Me?riled up,nope,just using. Logic and facts�� got to try harder to get ,riled , up, kisses ��

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I am waiting.................................. alfa romeo( fiat,, codesigned the motor with gm( opel Europe) and the head is a lotus design..)why can you not belive this
? hard to understand why not, unless you think that alfa romeo motors are mystical motor built by unicorns, and elfs..alfa romeo is in dire times,, they could not develop a motor by themselves in the ealry / late 2000..
So it's a Fiat engine? Perhaps with an Alfa valve cover.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts