Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought there may be some interest in this. Installed a powersports (ATV) battery just to sort out the elec system. Very happy with installation as battery is quite small. Has 385 cold cranking amps. Not sure if thats strong enough to crank it up for normal use, but it turned over motoe quite easily with plugs removed. Anyone know how many cold cranking amps batteries installed in mid 60’s Alfas were rated at?

Exhaust manifolds have been coated with Slip Plate. Its an industrial type coating that is basically graphite suspended in a solvent. Brush off loose rust, spray, let dry, and wipe with a cloth to gloss up a bit. Looks like new cast iron. Got the idea from a hotrod magazine. Guys are using it on V8 engine exhaust manifolds. I like the results so much that I am using it on brake calipers, exhaust, and master cylinders
AEBF41BC-2371-4254-8CB0-02A6373AD8E0.jpeg
CC1404BE-43C8-4DF2-8EC2-22342D4CAF53.jpeg
. Just an FYI. Will be interesting to see how it holds up. Cant imagine high heat having too much of an effect on graphite, but we will see.

·
Premium Member
21,463 Posts
If we haven't already spoken, can you send me the VIN and other info on the car for the Giulia Register? Not sure I know of this one. Thank you.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
We use a small battery like that in our race Milano. It's mounted in the trunk and seems to do fine, even in 40 degree weather. But we also don't use it daily.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If we haven't already spoken, can you send me the VIN and other info on the car for the Giulia Register? Not sure I know of this one. Thank you.
Andrew
Hello Andrew. It is in the register near top of pg 4. AR332640. Couple of revisions may need to be made in registry. What appears to be original interior is black rather than gray. All registrations from current to past 4 owners all indicate the model year to be 1967, but who knows, 1966 may be correct. City it resides in is Edmond. Previous owner was Russ Neely (RIP) and prior to that David Small. Interesting note is that prior to Dr Smalls ownership, car was registered in Montana for many years. David Dabney, aka Sgt Pepper. (Not a military rank, but my dogs name!)

·
Premium Member
21,463 Posts
Thanks for this. I'll update. If you send me your email by PM I will add you to the list for newsletters.
Wow, Russ, he and I used to correspond a lot.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
21,463 Posts
Cars bookending it in the Register were built July and Sept 1966. I go by build dates. In the US it was probably a 67 MY car, and almost certainly took until calendar-year 1967, or later, to sell. Some didn't sell for a year or two.
Updated the list, thanks.
Andrew

·
Registered
277 Posts
@Sgtpepper

Slip Plate. Its an industrial type coating that is basically graphite suspended in a solvent. Brush off loose rust, spray, let dry, and wipe with a cloth to gloss up a bit. Looks like new cast iron.

Interesting product. Can you give more info on this spray? Slip plate makes many different products. Which exactly did you use?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts