Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Administrator
Its impossible, that is why those anodised alloy hose fittings are made, as they cover the ends of the braided hose.

If not going to use those fittings, you need to re think the type of hose 馃檪
Pete

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
I鈥檓 using (or trying) An-6 fittings no hose clamps, they are very tight to fit over the braided hose, the fittings that mimic AN fittings have a little more room but are still hard to fit

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
1st mock up of fuel delivery
Think I will move the regulator up over the filler boot not keen on the glass bowl in that location
Idea is to set the feed from the facet pump lower than the returning fuel from the rail so it stalls the pump similar to the carb float valve otherwise the pump runs flat out all the time, it鈥檚 not sitting square in the boot/trunk I need to reduce height a little , I wanted to make it so the whole thing can be removed and minimum drilling of the body

Sorry for upside down photo I can鈥檛 fix it, even saved a copy upside down then attached it but it鈥檚 still 180 degree out

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
The regulator controls the fill of the black tank, in that tank is a submerged high pressure pump, you need to do this so the HP pump never runs dry in hard cornering

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Do I need a regulator between surge tank and facet red top pump? I can鈥檛 find any mention of one being fitted but I鈥檓 concerned the pump will run full speed if there is no restriction, I鈥檓 basing this on how the pump acted when connected to Webber鈥檚 it would run fast as it filled the fuel bowls then slow to a steady tick

Registered
The low pressure pump needs to run flat out to avoid the fuel in the surge tank / swirl pot from heating up as it is being circulated again and again in the high pressure circuit. By keeping some circulation to the main tank you keep temps down.

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
The 1st pump has a lift of 300 to 400 mm and pulls from fuel tank to small black tank, the black tank has a submerged pump that draws from bottom of tank and discharges from the top, the return from black tank to main tank is on the top of the black tank so it always stays full and can鈥檛 siphon back when the power is cut

Registered
Oh, OK. If you want to remove all that stuff, you can source a tank with a bottom outlet or remove yours and have a welder install a bottom port. Mine is the US Spica tank with the outlet on the front/bottom. I have a course filter first, one standard inline pump, and a fine filter in the engine compartment. Gravity fed tanks never experience starvation. I'm not sure of European cars were equipped this way.

Registered
Discussion Starter #32
Never thought of that, as I have all the bits and to do what you suggest means sourcing a new hi pressure pump I鈥檓 going to stick with the original design.

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
Finally I'm back on track, the small repair to upper suspension mount turned into a much bigger job but it's done now so I will be posting more pics soon,

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
Not very sexy but engine bay prepped for new engine and high pressure regulator fitted, return line connected to the original fuel line
IMG_20200318_184010.jpg
IMG_20200318_184945.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
Engine is in, not easy on your own, now to tidy up the wiring and start bolting on the ancillaries
Just a shot of the exhaust wrap I did last night and my hands are still itching even though I wore gloves

Registered
This is great. I just ordered 2 of the same ITB's for my 1750. I will be keen to see how you progress.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts