Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought Easter morning would be a good time to take a break in drive since the traffic would be light and I wouldn't annoy anyone by my acceleration/deceleration......
No issues at all, engine very smooth, holds oil pressure fine, water temp is good but slightly higher with the electric fan. Got home and checked fluids, no oil in water or vice versa. No leaks, absolutely no smoke out the tailpipe although the header wraps are still burning off a bit.
I was very conservative with cam timing for now but will play with some intake advance and some exhaust scavenging when I check and adjust valve lash in 500 miles or so. All is good! Happy Easter everyone! Be safe! I have bbq duties for the family today so I had better quit playing.....

Attachments

·
Registered
644 Posts
I thought Easter morning would be a good time to take a break in drive since the traffic would be light and I wouldn't annoy anyone by my acceleration/deceleration......
No issues at all, engine very smooth, holds oil pressure fine, water temp is good but slightly higher with the electric fan. Got home and checked fluids, no oil in water or vice versa. No leaks, absolutely no smoke out the tailpipe although the header wraps are still burning off a bit.
I was very conservative with cam timing for now but will play with some intake advance and some exhaust scavenging when I check and adjust valve lash in 500 miles or so. All is good! Happy Easter everyone! Be safe! I have bbq duties for the family today so I had better quit playing.....
Happy Easter and glad the car is running great.

Ken Smith

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Congratulations!

Happy Easter!

Vin

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Congratulations, all sounds good so far.

When will you re-torque the head nuts? I think mine were torqued again 'hot', after the first test drive and then again after it cooled to room temperature the next morning.

Mark

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I retorqued them hot after the cam break in period. I will torque them again after 100 miles or so, by then I will consider the engine broke in.

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Duh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts