Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 88 Graduate, found the mechanic who said he rebuilt the gear box around 5 years ago and he indicates that a weak pressure plate is causing my grinds(listed above). After reading some other threads, I'm going to try the Redline gear oil first, but will be swapping out the clutch set soon if that doesn't do it. I'll open the box then to see how bad the syncros are then but also wanted to hear some opinions on replacement clutch plate and pressure plate brands and sources. Seen a deal at PaulSpruells on a SACHS set and another at LineaRossa no brand mentioned. Anyone got any history?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'd check the clutch master and slave cylinders first. Make sure that they're not leaking and are properly adjusted before throwing in a new clutch. I've developed the habit of dropping it into 4th first before shifting into first or reverse, never grinds.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Paradiso said:
I've developed the habit of dropping it into 4th first before shifting into first or reverse, never grinds.
My first gear thanks who ever posted this gem originally! I have beed doing the 4th gear dip ever since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts