·
Registered
291 Posts
Neat!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Hi

You say "... I have a partial transfer from the CA DMV with a printout of what needs to be done to finish the transfer. ".
Why don't you publish the DMV list? It's my understanding that what you're trying to do (get a US title) is essentially impossible.
Bye

·
Registered
132 Posts
Great car!

Has anyone been successful making a post 164 Alfa legal for USA?

I'd love to hear some stories. My cousin and I export cars to Switzerland, but the reverse I have no idea on steps.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Lenard, can this be registered easier in Nevada?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Not to hog the thread or anything like that, but wow...

From reading this its scary the regulations and red tape you guys have to go through in the USA. In Dubai, you can bring it in as long as it's left hand drive... period. We have a booming market here with imports from the US, especially S Class Mercedes'..

Good luck with a sale, and i must say it is nice to see a newer Alfa on the road in the US. I have the same car, mine has 370,000km and is still going strong... :)

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Not to hog the thread or anything like that, but wow...

From reading this its scary the regulations and red tape you guys have to go through in the USA. In Dubai, you can bring it in as long as it's left hand drive... period. We have a booming market here with imports from the US, especially S Class Mercedes'..

Good luck with a sale, and i must say it is nice to see a newer Alfa on the road in the US. I have the same car, mine has 370,000km and is still going strong... :)
The US is the former "land of the free". Now it is the land of glorified slaves. A horde of brain-washed ciphers and safety-serving cowards demand "protection", and the government is only too happy to provide said protection, but with one minor detail - you must now defer to the government as your absolute ruler. Since we no longer are a constitutional republic, but, instead, a "democracy", that means that the mob rules, so, like it or not, we are all forced to bend the knee. Or die in a hail of police bullets.

At least they are not arresting people for writing like I do. Not yet!

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
If this were to become a track car, does the transfer of title have happen? Or can this be registered as a non-op., then sold?

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,580 Posts
I was going to say that sure looks alot like it could be a rebodied 164 that was sent to the crusher minus its VIN plate and vibro etched chassis number and OBTW the paper title is still around somewhere close.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
What a bugger for you guys over in the States, we have heaps of 156s out over here, but then again we have continued to receive new Alfas of all models over the years.

The 156 is a really nice Alfa to drive as your daily driver. I have had my '03 JTS Sportwagon for the past 3 1/2 years and it has been incredibly reliable, economical, comfortable but best of all fun to drive. It still puts a grin on my face each time I take it for a spin.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice looking 156

A car must be 14 years old to be registered where I live. I'm wondering, what is the exact date of manufacture? Thanks,

Gary

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Lenard,

I saw these in Italy when I was a teenager and to this day I have really wanted a 156 twin spark. I even have a book on the model. Definitely the coolest interior of any recent 4 door every day car in my book. Sheesh if you are ever near the south bay with the car please let me know! I'd love to see it in person. Wish the timing was better so I could consider buying it.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
A car must be 14 years old to be registered where I live. I'm wondering, what is the exact date of manufacture? Thanks,

Gary
Based on the VIN in the doco from ePer (online)

Prod. date: 2/6/1998
Engine: 1112389
Vehicle: 00075717

T7 - 156 BENZINA (1997-2002)
116.825.0.0 - BN 2.0 TS 16V CF2 RICCO

NO SPECIAL VERSION (LV0)
2000 T.S. CF2 (M3)
SD RICH/DISTINTIVE (V3)

These are fantastic cars although fragile if not serviced on time (cam belts, water pump, variator, correct oil).
I have a 1.9JTD Sport wagon - best car yet:D

·
Registered
291 Posts
PM sent. Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts