Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
VERY RARE FIAT COUPE TURBO "DESIGNED BY PININFARINA" V4 2.0L16V TURBOCHARGED 220HP, 5SP.
MINT MINT MINT SHAPE!!!!

VERY NICE SMALL "FERRARI".

THE VEHICLE IS IN PERFECT SHAPE, NO ACCIDENT
VERY FAST, A/C, POWER WINDOWS, POWER LOCKS, ABS, 17 RIMS, TINTED WINDOWS, TINTED LIGHTS, ALL ORIGINAL.

Price: 8,000

647 9995599

Attachments

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
These cars look even better than late model Alfa GTVs in person IMO. Hard to tell from the pictures though :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This car looks like small ferrari. I enjoy to drive it very much, small turbo car nice looking car, and it cost like tiburon .... :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Is this car in the USA? My friend has a hooked up one in Switzerland and likes it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, but you can regester it in Canada (if you have a canadian G1 driver licanse) and then drive home =)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
This car was designed by Chris Bangle. Former head of design at FIAT/ALFA. It was his very last work for FIAT, just before he was romanced away to become the head of design for BMW. Chris is originally from Wausau, Wisconsin, and a very good friend of mine from Art Center days. (Also known for the famous 'Bangle Bustle' on BMWs).

Many retro FIAT styling clues in this design: double-bubble head light fairings, tail light arrangement, and especially the interior. I got to see some of the original sketches that proposed the eye brows over the 4 wheel wells. One of the details that identifies this design.

The 'lost-to-history' footnote here is:
In Europe, when they introduce a new model, the designer is usually presented as a part of the introduction. Industrial Designers are much more highly regarded in Europe, than here in the US. Recognized designers are stopped on the streets and asked for autographs there. (Over here, my mother still doesn't know exactly what I do for a living). Many of those gorgeous car bodies from European manufacturers, that we drool over, were penned by American designers.

The new model intro, without a face to present with it, in Europe is somewhat like having an art exhibit in a gallery here, and never revealing the artist. Since Bangle was off to his new job in Munich, at about the time the FIAT Coupe was ready for the intro ceremonies... that left FIAT in a rather akward position. They couldn't say that the designer works for BMW... and they couldn't ignore the absence of a designer!

What's a mother to do? Just a little known detail that accompanies the FIAT Coupe. Thought you might like to know.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
No, but you can regester it in Canada (if you have a canadian G1 driver licanse) and then drive home =)
Assuming one lives in the States, could you expaine how we go about getting a Canadian license.
That is what your suggesting, right?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Why can't this car be homologated for USA? I export cars to Switzerland from USA, but don't get the process to bring them here.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Probably just stating the obvious, but...

The simpler issues may be, will that model pass emissions over here, and things like that.

But the more major question at the border would be: can you prove that this car meets all the crash dummy tests? Can you provide us with several new FIAT Coupes to crunch up; in side impact, frontal, rear end, etc? And are you willing to pay for all that testing?

Seems like if only a few were sneaking in, they could forego those questions and just say, "It's your neck, if the worst happens". Maybe give you a lecture and a scolding... and send you on your way. But I doubt it happens that way.

US cars probably have higher emissions and impact standards than most of the rest of the world requires... so exporting from the US may be easier than importing to? Just working on pure logic here... haven't been thru that trial at a border station.

They usually ask me what I might be bringing back from Quebec. I hold up a large sack of squeaky cheese curds. They smile, and wave me thru! I may have to make a squeaky cheese run soon. You can get them everywhere in PQ, as soon as you're 3" over the line. But they aren't allowed on this side, for sale. FDA sez cheese must be aged for 90 days, or pasteurized. Not true in Canada. So, if the US is that stubborn on cheese fragments, imagine what fits an entire automobile would give them.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
You mention no accidents. What about paint work? The first photo clearly shows different shades of red on the fender vs. the door. Either that or the lighting is very suggestive.

Other than that, looks very clean. Certainly a unique looking Fiat.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Probably just stating the obvious, but...

The simpler issues may be, will that model pass emissions over here, and things like that.

But the more major question at the border would be: can you prove that this car meets all the crash dummy tests? Can you provide us with several new FIAT Coupes to crunch up; in side impact, frontal, rear end, etc? And are you willing to pay for all that testing?
If the same car has been imported and tested, we should be able to use that as data. We do a similar thing for cars we import to Switzerland. Each car has its own items that need attention and we have an index of what needs to be homologated for each car we import.

Can USA use European crash study data as proof?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts