Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago I picked up a free 164 with title. Not running, paint is shot but the thing has potential. PO thought the starter was shot so that's why it would not crank.

It has been sitting in the driveway and I have not been anywhere near it. Breaks my heart to break it up. Interior is good. Will post some pics. I pulled the right rear caliper to use on the gold beater 164 I have but other than that its complete

I will provide the same deal the PO gave me. Come get it and its yours. Tires are shot so you will need a car carrier. PM me if interested. Zip 27526

·
Premium Member
15,881 Posts
"PO thought the starter was shot so that's why it would not crank"

I'm amazed at people who will walk away from something, a car for instance, when the first thing goes on it. I have a friend who is like that. Something goes wrong, he just walks away. Sometimes has been something really simple and stupid. He loses money right and left because he can't be bothered.

I always just shake my head at his latest fiasco.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm hoping I can bring this guy back to life. I've been communicating with the owner and I believe I'm first in line for the car. He's just been busy for a while!

Lord knows I have plenty of spare 24v parts lying around!

·
Premium Member
15,881 Posts
Good for you. Hope it works.

BTW, look at my post in the "LA to Seattle" section concerning a possible way to get around having an a/c pump bearing go out on the 24V engine. If it works, looks pretty simple. Later this winter I may try to see if it works. If that other guy who bought your engine wants to try it while the engine is just sitting, that would be great. I would of course reimburse him for any belt costs, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts