Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know who sells Recaro seat gears. I have 195 LS with the driver seat stuck back, motor works i can hear it. I am sure it's the nylon gear broken from age. Has anyone been able to fix these issue or do we just replace the seats?

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
Are these real Recaros or just the 8-way seats in most of the 94-95 models? If the 8-ways they are also used in later Saab 9000 models.
See my old thread from 2010 here: Help needed with Myron's LS seat repair

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the standard 8 way seats,I thought they were made by Recaro for some reason. My LS have nice rip free brown seats but the driver seat is stuck all the way back doing a wheelie. I was planning on taking it out and try to can manually correct the seat position and re mounting it with out plugging back the power source. Thanks for the link Steve..

·
Registered
423 Posts
Have you tried pushing the seat at the same time you press the button to helo the seat move? It is not a good idea to leave the electric adjustment in an 'outermost' position.

Btw. I think all the leather seats are made by Recaro (cannot remember where I read it), but often the ergonomic seats with memory are called 'Recaro' seat.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tried pushing the seat at the same time you press the button to helo the seat move? It is not a good idea to leave the electric adjustment in an 'outermost' position.

Btw. I think all the leather seats are made by Recaro (cannot remember where I read it), but often the ergonomic seats with memory are called 'Recaro' seat.
The adjustment switches are similar to early 90's BMW seats that are made by Recaro, thats what made me think so. I tried but it's stuck in that position. What i am thinking on doing is taking both seats out switching the reclining motors and setting them in a neutral position and then re instal them but keeping the power source unplugged on the reclining motors only so it won't happen again. If that doesn't work then I will find some new seats. Thanks..

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Yes, as far as I know all the leather seats are by Recaro, not just the Cloverleaf ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts