Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Expired, but I am still looking. Found one in Toronto, asking 30,000$ CAD, not negotiable. Huum! Can’t really decide if it’s a good investment ?

·
Weaving a Spider's Web.
1,154 Posts
@brownie93, Did the CE's come with an optional hard top? Or was that standard? Because I previously thought they were only offered on S3 Quadrifoglio's

It was optional I believe but I'm not sure about that. The hardtop also fit on my 1978 and 1993 Spiders.

·
Weaving a Spider's Web.
1,154 Posts
What would be your price range for your Vancouver CE ?

I'd be willing to sell her for about $20K Canadian ($14,900 US). The eBay 94 ce didn't sell from what I saw. That was a lot of money 30K.
As I said, I've not put the 94ce for sale yet. I will take some pictures and get a post up here, eBay and Craigslist. I'll insure her for 3 months soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Enjoy for a couple of months and let us know when you’re ready. But I am more and more convince that I will have to find a Canadian Alfa because the exchange rate from US dollar to CAD doesn’t help at all. A 20,000$ US Alfa will cost 27,000$ Canadian dollar. It gets out of reach very rapidly, unless you find a very good deal. Future threads will tell.

·
Registered
15 Posts
@Yellowspider A Series 4 Spider Veloce just sold on BaT for $24,500, it was very clean and had a hard top but it wasnt a CE.

Does anyone on here, know if CE's were offered with a hard top? I imagine it being an option since they were introduced in 1985-86 with the release of the Quadrifoglio. But from my understanding hardtops completed the Quadrifoglio it did not complete a Series 4 CE.

No one ever asks if my 94 CE comes complete with the hardtop. But good thing for Alfa Romeo it fits universally on every series. Now only if those Carello headlight covers fit universally too, I'd equip them to my Series 3 and 4 Spiders.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Number 37 CE we had, that we bought from an owner in North Carolina, did not have a hardtop. And the many photos he sent prior to doing the deal, did not show a hardtop. I know that's not conclusive, but I tend to think the hardtop was optional extra.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I am pretty sure that the front nose had to be resprayed, I could count at least 30 touch-ups on the close up picture of the front badge. Doesn’t match the low miles car they were presenting. One bad picture, I passed.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Here's an interior view of the CE we had, for additional documentation.

PS-- disregard the plastic Alfa logo on the face of the airbag... that was my own tweak to add some color to the expanse of black interior.
Why did you sell the car?

I'm thinking of selling my 1994 Ce Spider. It has 48K miles on it. I bought it in 2007, from the States. It has both km and miles on the odometer. I have all the documentation and it's a complete ce. I don't get to drive it much, it's garage stored every winter. I'm close to Vancouver, BC. It's red with black interior. It is number 111 of 190. I have the original bill of sale along with the congratulations letter from Alfa Romeo. I have the numbered key fob, nose badge, ce badge, wood trim (cracked) on the door window rails, 4 wheel badges, wood stick shift knob, badge on the glove box, red hardtop and 6 cd changer in the trunk. The original price was 33K US. I'll put up a for sale, it's not been listed for sale yet, I'm still thinking about it.
That is a real shame if you end up selling the car.

I remember your posts on this car from many, many, many years ago and I know how much you love it.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Why did we sell number 37, the yellow one? Frankly, it wasn't being driven enough. I bought it for my wife, in 2004, for our anniversary. She got off to a rocky start with Giallo, as we called it, because she was pregnant at the time with daughter Susy, and I mean REALLY pregnant! Like, did not fit behind the steering wheel, pregnant!
Anyway, over the years, she got busier as a working Mom, and pretty much left Giallo to son Mike and me. We had to drive it once in a while just to keep it roadworthy. She finally admitted she had more or less lost interest, and suggested we sell it. Enter a gentleman from Sicily, a BB'er, who had been looking for a nice CE for several years. Tony had a pristine '66 Duetto, and he really wanted a CE to complete his pair of bookend Spiders. Plus the bragging rights of having a North American market CE back home in Italy! We came to a deal, he arranged shipping and pickup, and Giallo went home in 2014, IIRC. Giallo got stripped down, completely refurbished, and became a stunning weekend driver and show car.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Why did we sell number 37, the yellow one? Frankly, it wasn't being driven enough. I bought it for my wife, in 2004, for our anniversary. She got off to a rocky start with Giallo, as we called it, because she was pregnant at the time with daughter Susy, and I mean REALLY pregnant! Like, did not fit behind the steering wheel, pregnant!
Anyway, over the years, she got busier as a working Mom, and pretty much left Giallo to son Mike and me. We had to drive it once in a while just to keep it roadworthy. She finally admitted she had more or less lost interest, and suggested we sell it. Enter a gentleman from Sicily, a BB'er, who had been looking for a nice CE for several years. Tony had a pristine '66 Duetto, and he really wanted a CE to complete his pair of bookend Spiders. Plus the bragging rights of having a North American market CE back home in Italy! We came to a deal, he arranged shipping and pickup, and Giallo went home in 2014, IIRC. Giallo got stripped down, completely refurbished, and became a stunning weekend driver and show car.
Great story.

How was the condition of the car when you sold it?

Did it need a complete refurbishment?

Glad it went to a good home.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
It was in "good" condition, but it did need some minor work, like new valve guides (some clatter, no matter how carefully they were adjusted). Exhaust, 2nd gear synchro, a couple of minor dimples, but overall a very nice driver. He wanted a show car, and he got it done. He and his wife own an official FIAT-Alfa-Lancia service center, and they are terrific folks as we got to know them.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts