Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a Canadian Alfa Romeo spider veloce Commémorative Edition with low kilometers and excellent condition. Automatic or manual. Tell me what you’ve got.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I think only 2-3 CE cars were made in Canadian specs (speedometer in km/h). Also all CE had manual gearbox.
MY94 cars with Automatic (no more than 10 cars) were sold in Asia (Japan, Taiwan and Hong Kong).

Sent from my Z957 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok then, let’s opens it to US Alfa’s within a 500 miles radius from Montreal, Quebec, Canada but with no accident history and maintenance invoices.

·
Registered
9 Posts
MartinWie

My 1994 CE is for sale but also previous salvage and needs some more things done to make it right.
But only $10K

·
Registered
9 Posts
With the salvage/rebuilt titles you have to understand that every car 10-15 years ago that had any small accident with damage over $2500 was considered "salvage" since the cost to repair exceeded the value of the car. So insurance companies then wrote these cars off quickly. They did not understand the value of the "CE" and that these will become collector cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really surprised, your car look very nice. Red/Beige and Red/Black are my best choices. But lots of CE badges I don’t see, neither the burl wood interior trims, those are hard to find parts. Let me think about it...

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Correct on the badging. And there were 190 CE's made, not 120. A CE Spider will have special documentation provided with the car, a CE key fob, nose and rear badges, faux wood trim on the console and door sills, and the plaque on the glovebox door which will read "XX of 190". We had one, number 37.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have most of the decals but never put them back on after the repaint. The car needs to get a good wet-sanding after the repaint first. On the interior the gearshift know is certainly not there, the plaque for the number is. The nose decal I know i have but there are different center caps for the rims and I have two different ones but one came off the other day when I exercised the car around the block. By the time I realized it was off I could not find it anymore.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is one of the nicest ones I have seen.
If you are looking for completed and nothing to do and probably no story car...there you go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here are some photos of my 94 Spider CE #2 of 190 with 49K original miles on 6 digit pro. Purchased from Original owner in La Jolla CA. The car is now registered in NY. One of the photos is of my father cleaning it off the truck when it arrived on the east coast. I bought it for him so he could enjoy it since he always regretted selling his 89 Milano back in 2002. He barely drives it, maybe once every 3 months. The car sits in the garage and I think it may be better suited to go to a collector or someone that might make better use of this Italian beauty

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Only CE badging that is missing is the small gold badge with the duetto and Pininfarina flags on nose of car and Of the 4 tire center caps only one is the original colored cap. Everything is original but the paint. Car was repainted with original owner. I added a picture of us switching out the CA to NY plates. And so you can see how clear the convertible top rear window is. The coolest thing about this car is the tan alcantara suede on the seats and door panels and original owner added Bilstein suspension. Clean title and auto check reports no accidents. You can see the love that went into making this vehicle. I have the original window sticker in the trunk and I believe this car was close to $29K in 1993.

Attachments

·
Weaving a Spider's Web.
1,154 Posts
I'm thinking of selling my 1994 Ce Spider. It has 48K miles on it. I bought it in 2007, from the States. It has both km and miles on the odometer. I have all the documentation and it's a complete ce. I don't get to drive it much, it's garage stored every winter. I'm close to Vancouver, BC. It's red with black interior. It is number 111 of 190. I have the original bill of sale along with the congratulations letter from Alfa Romeo. I have the numbered key fob, nose badge, ce badge, wood trim (cracked) on the door window rails, 4 wheel badges, wood stick shift knob, badge on the glove box, red hardtop and 6 cd changer in the trunk. The original price was 33K US. I'll put up a for sale, it's not been listed for sale yet, I'm still thinking about it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts