Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again-Need a source or sources to purchase pistons, seals and brake pads for my new to me 94 Spider. Brake master cylinder already ordered having a difficult time for others mentioned. Any help would be greatly appreciated once again.
Thanks,
Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
Seals and pads are available at Classic Alfa. Not sure about the pistons, but are you sure that the pistons need to be replaced?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I'm just assuming. The car laid idle for approximately 10 years so i figured they would be pitted and not reusable. I haven't dismantled any of them yet.

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
You can get rebuilt calipers from RockAuto, but in case you want to rebuild them yourself, here is my thread on setting the pistons orientation. They are a bit tricky and need to be correctly set.

Good luck.

Vin

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll try to post pictures once I figure how to. I'll check out rock auto for those pistons. Thanks.
Chuck
You can get rebuilt calipers from RockAuto, but in case you want to rebuild them yourself, here is my thread on setting the pistons orientation. They are a bit tricky and need to be correctly set.

Good luck.

Vin
Thanks for that who would figure they had to be positioned correctly. I'm used to rebuilding motorcycle calipers where you just drop the pistons in. How can I get the actual size template for this installation?

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
You can print the pdf included in the thread on 8.5 x 11 paper. Its the right size.

Good luck,

Vin

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can print the pdf included in the thread on 8.5 x 11 paper. Its the right size.

Good luck,

Vin
Thanks Vin- I'll give it a try, and I'm also going to attempt to rebuild all 4 calipers with the help of your article.
Chuck

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Thanks Vin- I'll give it a try, and I'm also going to attempt to rebuild all 4 calipers with the help of your article.
Chuck
Sounds good. Let us know how you make out.

Good luck!

Vin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts