Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1994 164 LS Auto $2200

I love this car but my new job is union and they frown upon anything not Big 3..even though Alfa is owned by Fiat, who is majority owner of Chrysler..anyway..I bought the car from another bber for $2850 and it had around 83000k on it.

Car has 94000 miles.

Good: The automatic transmission works great, no issues there. The LCD interface( heat, and A/C control) works like it should. (Look it up, these go bad and is rare to find one in perfect working order.)
Has nice Hankook winter tires.
New passenger side front strut and some other front end suspension work.
I will have to find receipt to be sure exactly what else.
Just had spark plugs changed, OEM. Included are two sets of new plugs.
New fuel rail hoses and clamps, OEM.
All windows work, as does sunroof.
Has aftermarket radio with CD and USB for iPod. Previous Owner did this. I have original in box.
Just had an alignment, front and rear.
Have original Alfa tool kit. Also included will be the Cardisc I purchased which has descriptions of all service procedures.

Bad: The A/C compressor went down a month ago so it has no A/C.
Timing belt will have to be changed at 98000, per the 30,000 mile rule.
Car has a slight stumble after warmed up and at stop lights, not a big deal, I think the timing is off but when you get a new belt that will clear up.
Heated seats don't work, just a switch issue. I haven't cared enough to fix it.
Front fog lights lenses are cracked, but work. I had those on my list to fix.
Will need brakes. They work fine, but are starting to squeak and could stand for new pads and rotors.
Rear springs are broken, but car sits level, I knew this when I bought it and my mechanic says its not really a big deal.
I was planning on fixing this too before I found out I had to sell it.

The car is champagne with tan leather interior. Exterior has some clear coat failing around antennae, and there are some small dings. The rear bumper has some scuffs on it. There is a little bit of rust unfortunately, at the rear passenger side wheel well. and the start of some at rear driver wheel well. I was planning on taking care of this this winter.

The car is super clean though. Leather is pretty good, driver seat has some wear on bolster, but no tears. Rear seats are show room.
I run only Mobil1 in it.

This car is a dream to drive, puts a smile on my face.
I'd like to get $2200 OBO.

I've put about $2000 into it since I've had it.

If you want more pictures PM me and I'll send them to you.
Ryan
248-880-6344

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. If only it was that easy. A lot of the people I work with don't understand that Chrysler is not 100% American. I could probably get away with driving it work if we were UAW, but I work for the Railroad.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah. If only it was that easy. A lot of the people I work with don't understand that Chrysler is not 100% American. I could probably get away with driving it work if we were UAW, but I work for the Railroad.
What are they going to do to you for not driving an "American" car? Hire some goons to break your legs? Seriously, how much of an issue is this really? :confused:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doubtful that they will break my legs! But some folks in Detroit are weird about this sort of thing. This is just the way it goes. It sucks having the only non american car in the parking lot at work. I work with a bunch of guys who love nothing but 'Merica.

So....will they break my legs...no. Will it make my life easier by getting an American car...yes.

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,580 Posts
You got a friend or relative living outside of the war zone who can keep it and loan you a domestic product?

Or as Coach Dungy suggests you could DARE to be UNCommon.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know how you feel but refuse to bow to the pressure. I work at Chrysler and I drive a Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder built by UAW local 2488 in Illinois. When I purchased the vehicle Chrysler was owned by Daimler, which owned 40% of Mitsu.

For about 5 years, after I raised a stink with the hourly union and HR, I could park close to the plant, and I still caught some flak from the ignorant people. During this period, people would actually go to the union office and complain that I was parking close. Then we were sold to Cerberus and the Mitsu and Mercedes owners got kick to the back of the parking lot.

Now we are owned by FIAT but I 'm still at the back of the lot. Funny thing is, when I owned my '88 FIAT Spider, I again showed them that Chrysler and FIAT were in a "joint venture" and this car was sold at a Chrysler dealership so I was parking it close. Unless they had some evidence otherwise the burden was on them to prove me wrong.

By the way, I'm a UAW salary union steward (Local 412) and I go around telling the hourly union people that I better not catch them driving Mexican built Dodge Journeys, PT Cruisers, or Neons, and they better drive a USA UAW built American car like I do. I even have a UAW sticker inside the windshield to rub it in. This is all in fun though.

Good luck at the RR.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts