Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This car will go on Hemmings in a few weeks if it doesn't sell here first. I'm selling for a client that had us do some work on it but has decided that it's not practical for him to keep it any longer.

This car shows around 3K miles on the odometer which can't be confirmed, but is plausible based on the car's condition and what the owner (2nd) has told us. Unfortunately, it sat outside most of its life in the Florida sun and as a result was repainted. The interior was damaged when the top deteriorated after sitting outside one winter in CT, so we gutted it, cleaned, painted, and seem-sealed the floors, installed new carpeting, new seat foam, a new convertible top and latches, and steam-cleaned/detailed everything else. There was one hole in the spare tire well where the tow bracket connects, so we removed the spot welds, removed the bracket, cut a patch panel, and we're in the process of welding it back in. It will get matching paint after that. We also had our paintless dent guy take out a couple of depressions in the nose.

The car has a new battery, starts right up, and handles like it should given the low mileage. The Pirelli P4 tires show virtually no wear but are just starting to show some dry-rot. The paint color is stunning and well done. We're also changing out the fluids and bleeding the brakes.

The car is located in CT and the owner is asking $18K (negotiable). Please PM me with any requests for additional information.

Thanks,

Michael.
93Spider.jpg
93Spider2.jpg
93Spider3.jpg
93Spider4.jpg
93Spider5.jpg
93Spider6.jpg
93Spider10.jpg

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
This car looks to be a fine example with all the reconditioning done to it.

I absolutely love the yellow color.

The new owner will be getting a beautiful car.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi again. Posting a couple of pics of the spare tire well repair. We cut out the tow bracket and rusted area and welded in a sheet metal repair. We covered it with seam-sealer and then painted it. This car is all set to go.
20191218_161850.jpg
20200111_131414.jpg

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts