Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

from the article:
Designed as a replacement for the RWD 75 that was sold in North America as the Milano, the 155 was the first compact executive model made under the ownership of Fiat, which based it on a front-wheel drive platform, hugely disappointing Alfa fans.

20 pictures and full article

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Sure the front wheel drive 155 was a disappointment to many Alfa fans, but we have had the Sud and 33s with FWD for years and no one had anything against them - FWD was the order of the day for compact Euro hatch backs and sedans.
The 155 sheared body basics (plat form) with Fiat Tempra and Lancia Dedra (an enlarged Fiat Tipo plat form). The first series 155 had the Nord TS from the 75, but as the 155 was heavier than the 75 and the engine had lost some of it's vigour due to pollution laws. The second series 1995> got the new 16 valve TS engine with 150 HP*).
I've test driven a S1 that I found a bit sluggish and later bought a S2 2,0 16v TS which was better - especially after it got a UniChip and set up for more low down torque. Mine was the S(port) version with lower and stiffer suspension and it hold the road very well, but a bit harsh on bad roads. It had lovely Ricaro front seats.
Erik

·
Registered
775 Posts
I liked very much 155, owned bot 8 and 16 valve versions, after those I bough 156 V6, got also chance to drive 155 Q4 version, which was little disappointment perfromance wise compared to V6 156.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts