Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black 1991 Spider Veloce for sale. It sat for a while and I recently spent $2,200 to get it running well. Based on Hagerty's definitions, I would say that it's in "fair condition." It has 94,000 miles. There is some paint fading on the hood and mirrors. There is some cracking on seats. It will need new tires. I love the car, but my daily driver died and I need to get something more reliable. I hope it will go to someone who truly appreciates alphas. Feel free to contact me at 434-227-7834. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got it :). I hope my reply answered your questions :). If not, feel free to give me call :).

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sorry, I don't see your reply anywhere, not in our private messages, nor my email, nor here. Where did you reply?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Is there an asking price? Thanks kindly

·
Registered
575 Posts
That is one of the questioned I posed to the seller in my so-far-unanswered PM. It appears he only responds to telephone calls.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Dave,

I'm not sure why my earlier reply didn't go through. Here are the answers to your questions...

1) What did I mean by saying I need a "more reliable car" ? My daily driver, a Honda, died. The alfa is the only car that I have right now. I need a car that I would feel comfortable driving long distances in. I don't consider an alpha to be a daily driver.

2) What happened to the seats? The car is 30 years old. I think they are leather, but I'm not sure. I assume they cracked due to age and sun exposure.

3) What do I want for it? Hagerty values 1991 spider veloce's in "fair condition" at $9,400. I do not expect to get anywhere near that. I am open to any reasonable offer. I hope you can come look at the car and see if you like it.

Thanks, Claudia

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thanks for the reply, Claudia. I don't know either why your earlier attempt didn't go through, but I appreciate the answers. Maybe I'm out in left field, but I've been driving Alfas (please note spelling) as daily drivers for much of my adult life, including many long trips, and I feel they are reliable cars if regularly maintained (which, granted, many of them are not).

·
Registered
195 Posts
It appears from the pictures that "some cracking on seats" is a bit generous.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I love the car, but my daily driver died and I need to get something more reliable. I hope it will go to someone who truly appreciates alphas.
Hmmm, I really wonder how much this car was "loved"? .... the daily driver died, and the Alfa isn't reliable! Yeah, I would say this Alfa needs a new caring home !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts