Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a 1991 Spider base and I have never had a boot cover which I would like to add. I know I need to buy the actual boot cover which comes without hardware and I would like to buy the 1991 to 1994 style in tan, which as far as I can tell has the zipper down the middle (I think this is the Veloce style). However I am not sure what hardware I need. I am pretty sure I need the left and right “arms” but do I need all twelve of the clip assemblies too? I have read various (confusing) threads on here and elsewhere and some say the clips are needed and some do not. All help appreciated, thanks.

Paul

·
Registered
9,275 Posts
Hi all I have a 1991 Spider base and I have never had a boot cover which I would like to add. I know I need to buy the actual boot cover which comes without hardware and I would like to buy the 1991 to 1994 style in tan, which as far as I can tell has the zipper down the middle (I think this is the Veloce style). However I am not sure what hardware I need. I am pretty sure I need the left and right “arms” but do I need all twelve of the clip assemblies too? I have read various (confusing) threads on here and elsewhere and some say the clips are needed and some do not. All help appreciated, thanks.

Paul
no clip assemblies needed, forget those, they look ugly anyway!
The veloce style boot fits on without all those.

you need the boot obviously
IN131 HOODBAG FOR SERIES 4 SPIDER - TAN
then
you need the two plastic wings...here at Classic alfa in UK, the wings come with the forks and the catches, but you need to affix them yourself with a rivet gun
IN131/3 SERIES 4 HOODBAG SIDE PANEL - LEFT

when you have all that you then need to glue it all together.........you need a really strong contact glue, because there is a lot of pressure on the top boot, when you try fit it to the car!

so you are looking at ca. 370 bucks plus postage.
Classic alfa can generally get things to you in the US of A almost as fast as buying there from a US supplier.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I have found that one advantage of the standard top boot, versus the Veloce/Quadrifoglio fitted boot with the zippered front closure, is that the standard boot fits up against the back of the carpeted panel in back of the seats. In other words, it does not extend out toward the front like the Veloce zippered boot. It exposes the shelf in back of the seats, and allows you to put a cooler, travel bag, or other things in that space and allows you easy ACCESS to them on the fly. So if you or your passenger want a cold drink, or need to retrieve something, it's not covered over completely like with the extended Veloce boot. The Veloce boot actually covers over the entire shelf area, thus concealing your stuff, which is good in one sense. But to get access you have to unzip it in the center, then reach back into there and look for what you seek. And a cooler? Forget it-- you might not be able to flip open the top unless it's a very small cooler.

I had a length of broom stick sewn into the bottom of my boot flap, where it rests against the back carpeted panel, to keep it from flapping in the wind at speed. I prefer the standard boot, even though it does not fit as smoothly as the Veloce style boot. I added a couple of extra clips and repositioned a couple more, to improve the look and fit.

·
Registered
7,544 Posts
While I don't use my boot cover often because it is hard to put on, when it is on, it transforms the car to a really classy look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts