Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Has anyone installed a wood steering wheel on a 1991 Spider? I ve been looking for one, the only problem is that the steering column is rectangular and the adapter for the steering wheel is circular. Of course you also lose the air bag, but that's OK.

Thmoto

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello , i have been perusing the board search function because i too want to do that(dont have a spider yet,but am looking hard at two 1991's) and saw several threads on the beautiful Nardi's that board posters are installing on their spiders, and i just gotta have one once i do buy my spider(whatever year it may be)

heres what i have figured out so far(anyone with more/correct knowledge fill free to scold/correct me!)

momo hub adapter is p/n 0069(fits all years alfetta?)also listed for 90&up spiders as well
the Nardi p/n eludes me at the moment but they are available on ebay(i did a google search and it came up)

i plan on getting the Nardi classico in either 360mm or 390mm.
i have a cheap(well less than a 100$) Grant 3 spoke(aluminum w/black rim)(it was on my 1993 isuzu trooper) that i would love to put on just for the hell of it but i can find NO hub adapters for the alfa to mount a grant steering wheel.

if anyone has a source/info for a grant hub adapter(for alfa) please tell me!

several on here have stated that you shouldnt remove the airbag but several also question its viability after 15 years.

i plan on removing mine and simply informing my insurance provider that it currently has no airbag.

i have seen the 1991 cars that have the Nardi steering wheels and they simply make the interior stand out(at least in the tan leather cars)i dont know about the black interiors(seems like the more sporty aluminum and black leather wrap would be the best choice)if i could i would get the quick release adapter(x2) and use both a nardi and the grant i have(just to make it different/shake things up a bit as it were)

hope that helps

doug hunt

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Hello,

Has anyone installed a wood steering wheel on a 1991 Spider? I ve been looking for one, the only problem is that the steering column is rectangular and the adapter for the steering wheel is circular. Of course you also lose the air bag, but that's OK.

Thmoto
Welcome to the BB, Thmoto!

Yes, this has been done before... I would encourage you to do a search in the Spider forum, since there are several threads that discuss this topic, and some have great pics.

Best regards,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts