Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what 'other' seats would work for a 1991 Spider? And while we are at it, what about 'other' sun visors? The 91's are hard to find!
Thanks in advance!!
Kerry

·
Registered
293 Posts
Virtually any year Spider seats and visors are interchangeable. If by 'other' you mean other makes of car, any seat install will likely require custom mounting brackets or rails, and a big issue with the Spider is that most other seats will 'sit' you much higher in the car. Also, the passenger side of the ****pit is a bit narrower than the driver's side, so measure carefully.

As for visors, Fiat 124 visors will interchange directly, but you'll pay the same $, Alfa or Fiat. Anything else will likely require drilling other screw holes in the windshield frame, which isn't too big of a deal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Virtually any year Spider seats and visors are interchangeable. If by 'other' you mean other makes of car, any seat install will likely require custom mounting brackets or rails, and a big issue with the Spider is that most other seats will 'sit' you much higher in the car. Also, the passenger side of the ****pit is a bit narrower than the driver's side, so measure carefully.

I will second this. I tried using seats from a couple different cars that didn't work. I finally found some old porsche seats that I have been able to fit in. Kilgore is right about the passenger side being smaller, so make sure the seat will fit that side. Measure the height of the seat at the back and the front. Getting creative with the mounting is pretty easy with some flat stock. Also check to make sure the shape of the seat is correct to allow the top to go up and down. This was the downfall of the first set of leather seats I got from a Volvo. Because of the "back shelf" make sure the seats are not too deep and measure from the steering wheel down, unless you have toothpicks for legs. :D

Good luck!

Moose

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Does anyone know what 'other' seats would work for a 1991 Spider? And while we are at it, what about 'other' sun visors? The 91's are hard to find!
Thanks in advance!!
Kerry
US suppliers carry these items, and if you are looking for a better deal money-wise, both seats and visors come up on ebay with regularity...

Best regards,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts