Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not about a problem but more of a solution.
I drove the spider yesterday to do a photoshoot for an up-coming sale. The car ran great and the automatic is working perfectly.

When I got back to the house I parked the car to shoot some more images and I forgot to turn off the lights. The battery ran flat, so I left it on the charger all night. Today it would not start. The engine would turn over easily and just crank away. I measured the voltage at the coil and had 13+ v. I figured it might be the in-tank fuel pump. I measured the voltage to the pump and it was 3-4 volts. I checked all the fuses and nothing. I put 12v to the pump and it ran perfectly. It must be a relay issue. I swapped it out and still the same voltage.

I closed everything up, turned the key on and shifted it in to neutral to move the car. The car started! Ok, it is shift interlock under the console. It is working perfectly now.

My advice is if all else fails turn the key on and move the shifter to see if the interlock switch is giving you a problem.

BTW...I will be listing the car on BarnFinds.com in the near future.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is the wife's car and she says to sell it as she isn't going to put any more money into it. Send me a message and we can pick it up from there as to what has been done and what it needs to finish it.
We want to find a good home for it. Lots of spare parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts