Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
But Mad North-Northwest
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving through Sunnyvale and saw a 1991 Spider for sale at one of the local lots. Don't see these coming up for sale as much these days so figured I'd mention it.

Didn't take too close a look but looked pretty clean. 88K miles. Asking $17K which seems like a lot but who knows.

No affiliation or anything, just figured I'd share.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mismatched tail lights. Probably came from the factory that way.

·
Premium Member
Spiders: 1971 red, 1971 white, 1973 yellow, 1974 Silver, 1980 Brown, 1982 Blue, 1992 and 93 Green
852 Posts
To me, that car doesn't look right. The color on the panels don't seem to match well. And the body lines look funny. Maybe they pieced two cars together to make one good one?

·
2015 Chevy (Holden) SS, 1989 Milano (Shankle Sport), 1991 164S
18,212 Posts
Hmm, I didn't realize they came with a 164 steering wheel, or was it the other way around, lol.

·
Registered
10,645 Posts
looks OK to me.

True, the rear lights mismatched, means its had a ding sometime in the past and they couldn't find the right one and didn't want to invest the $$$ for a new pair.
Steering wheel is typical airbag spider wheel...looks same as some 164, yet had a different PN, so might be a subtle difference (maybe white horn logo as opposed to embossed horn logo?)
Seats look too good for 80k+ miles, must be new covers.
Odd the hazard switch is so worn (I mean how often does one use that;))
the color might just look a bit mismatched because of the sun/shadows.

they could have cleaned/detailed the engine bay for that price though.

·
2015 Chevy (Holden) SS, 1989 Milano (Shankle Sport), 1991 164S
18,212 Posts
We often see cars for sale here where they haven't bothered to clean the car AT ALL. Makes me wonder about how they really took care of the car in the first place. You would think they would at least make an effort to make it look attractive enough to make someone interested.

Of course there is the old story about shining up the car so well that you end up thinking, why am I selling this great looking car, lol.

A couple of times a year I always go though and clean at least the top half of the engine bay, spraying and wiping everything topside with ArmorAll (the sumps always end up looking fairly grody, using engine cleaner spray for that). Then oiling every hinge I can find in the car as preventive maintenance.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steering wheel is typical airbag spider wheel...looks same as some 164, yet had a different PN, so might be a subtle difference (maybe white horn logo as opposed to embossed horn logo?)
Seats look too good for 80k+ miles, must be new covers.
Difference is in the airbag clock spring assembly that attaches to the underside, I believe. 164 has two tabs to actuate the turn signal cancel, S4 does not. You can turn a 164 one into an S4 one by cutting off the tabs.

Honestly this Spider didn't look bad at all, which is why I mentioned it. Not sure it's worth what they're asking, but maybe S4 Spider prices are way up or maybe they're open to negotiation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts