Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beautiful 1991 164S. I am the second owner. Purchesed the car with 88,000 miles in 2005 presently it has 93,354 miles. It has had a complete engine rebuild in 2007 costing over $6,000. Also all new exhaust, brake lines, tires, water pump, etc. Presently not running due to a faulty camshaft I am told. Financial situation forces sale. PM me for more information or call (941)626-8059 for pictures. Ask for Tony. $2,500/OBO

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Camshaft problem on a rebuilt engine with only 5k miles on it?? Very vague about the engine problem. Sounds like something a lot more ominous than that. Until the real problem is diagnosed, a buyer has to assume the worse case. Hence the problem with selling a non-runner for anything more than token money. Looks like bad clearcoat failure on the hood with a need for an expensive respray as well. Can't see the condition of the interior.

When I see ads like this, I always ask myself, "why doesn't the owner fix it and sell it as a runner for a lot more money?" And the answer I get back is "Because it's going to cost more to fix it than he could get for it even as a runner."

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
Tan interiors are prone to faster deterioration than black also...speaking from experience. My 1st Alfa was a 1991, 164S, Black with tan interior. I got it with only 19,000 and had an accident that totaled it with 167,000. It was a great, immaculate car for most of it's life. I still miss it:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts