Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Sale is my white/grey '91 Alfa 164S. It has been a loyal, and reliable partner. I will be sad to see her go, but it is time to pass the torch.

This is a very well maintained example of the an "S", that I picked up in Vancouver, WA about 4 years ago. It currently runs well, drives well, and has 183K. No Rust.

Notable maintenance/Upgrades over the last 4 years:
1. Carpets Re-Dyed: This was a total redye in dark blue. Seats were completely removed and carpet restored from sun fading.
2. Seats Dyed: Seats were removed from vehicle and redone in black. There are no rips/tears. They were regularly conditioned throughout my ownership of the vehicle to keep them supple.
3.Driver's side rear hub replaced
4. AC Compressor Replaced at 170K: Old one seized. Compressor and belts were replaced and the AC recharged. The AC works flawlessly, and blows very cold.
5. Bottom trim pieces all redone/repainted grey.
6. Power mirrors repainted
7. Sunroof drains cleaned and functional.
8. Suspension Maintenance done at 175K: New ball joints and sway bar bushings. Drives great now.
9. New Tires 6 months ago (Yokohama H rated)
10. New fan switch earlier this year
11. Car is wired for optional aftermarket HID lights. I'm currently running the factory lights, although the HIDs are pretty much plug and play.
12. All speakers replaced, and Ipod/stereo installed. Works great, and sounds much better than the 20 year old speakers.

Merchanicals:
This car runs and drives great, and I wouldn't hesitate to take it across the country. Most of the miles I have put on it have been highway miles. After all the maintenance this 164 drives better than when I first bought it. The 3.0L 12V engine pulls strong, and sounds great. The transmission is near perfect, no grinding in any gear. Clutch is good and has lots of life left. The paint is nice, no clear coat peeling.

Electronics: Pretty much everything works. The sunroof, drivers side power seat and everything on the dash (A/C and climate control). The passenger side power seat does work, although the buttons can be a little temperamental. Drivers side heated seat works, and power mirrors.

Extras: Comes with aftermarket roof rack with bike trays.

The Bad:
ABS works sometimes (intermittently).

Price: $5,500 OBO

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts