Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this under the classifieds and figured I'd drop it here as well for good measure. I'd like to see this go to a good home of someone that could either use the parts or enjoy driving it. Car needs work, but has some value in the engine and suspension.

"For sale is my 1991 164S, it has a variety of upgrades and needs some work. I am selling this as a small to medium sized project OR a running/driving parts/donor car.

The engine was rebuilt (new pistons, sleeves, etc, new crank, 3 angle valve job, heads fully rebuilt) about 5 years ago, but has fewer than 10,000 miles on it.

Car has Koni adjustable shocks up front, standard S shocks at the rear and B and G lowering springs at all 4 corners.

The engine/suspension is the most valuable part of the car. It has the standard 164 issues, that I have not had the time to address: stepper motor gears stripped, interior door handles broken (driver and rear passenger). And it needs a clutch. One of the previous owners had replaced the transmission with one from an L, so it takes an L clutch.

Has a new exterior drivers side door handle, all exterior door handles operational. Interior is fair (seats are OK but not great by any means). Has some very small rust spots, nothing terrible though.

Again, for sale as a small to medium project or a running donor. If the car doesn't get sold before the first real snowstorm up North, it is having the engine pulled and going to the scrap yard. At that point, will post about anyone needing individual parts before being scrapped."

·
Premium Member
27,011 Posts
Harrison over the years you and I made a go of it keeping this puppy going didn't we?

Life goes on and I hope you find a good home for this one. Keeping the 164 faith one step at a time.

Steve

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
Would be a shame to see it pulled apart.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
I'd like dibs on the rear decklid wing if/when it comes to be that it is "parted". ciao, chris

BTW there's a dude here, Spitfire, who'd love this car!! John??

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would be *very* interested in the steering rack and power steering pump if they can be used on a 1992.

Would also be interested in fog lamps if stock.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Rack and pump will work fine. Good luck on foggys. Those are the first to go :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seems like people want parts, not half working 164s!

Yes Steve, thanks for the parts and advice. The workload just became too burdensome, then the car sat, and here we are.

Would like to see it go as a whole, cold weather approaching quickly!

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
Through the decades, I've often found that maintenance/repair chores on cars can be onerous/prohibitive for some, and relatively easy weekend romps for others.

Some look for Alfas (or other marques) to repair and enjoy, and others run the other way. Hopefully, this car finds one of the former.

·
Registered
261 Posts
i would be interested in the front Recaro seats if these are in decent condition

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Garage Sale Time

OK, we've been lucking out with the weather up here, but it's time to move the car.

It will either be sold as a whole for parts/resto, or parted out. I would like to keep the engine, but everything else is fair game. I'd say we give it 2 weeks for all parting and then it goes!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Greetings, I hope this doesn't get disassembled/ crushed, but if it comes to parting it out, I'd be interested in the suspension, (shocks and springs), instrument cluster, and the windshield washer bottle,(really just need the cap!). Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts