Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Silver on Black 1991 164L auto trans. Low milage well cared for by AROC owners. First owned by the owner of the Columbus,OH Alfa dealership. Second owner AROC member performed regular maintenance. I bought the car in spring of 2009 and drove in summers only. Heated garage in winter.

Records provided by previous owner include:
9/06 20K miles- timing belt and mechanical tensioner, water pump, thermostat and all other belts. Valve adjustment.
1/08 30K miles- Radiator flush and fill. Replace rear pads and rotors, and new brake fluid.
Routine oil changes.

Since I purchased car, I have had the following done:
Transmission rebuild (bad seal). Installed refurbished sterring rack.
New front Euro exhaust (no cat). Rear section is 164S and in good condition.
Euro headlamps. Cabin filter.
Tune up last month- Cap, rotor, plugs, wires along with coolant flush and refill.
17 in OZ rims with Kumho 225/45ZR17
I have mid 90's Mopar radio, not installed.
Car come with new set of front rotors and pads, (not needed yet) original headlamps, original wiper arms ("Alfa Romeo" script stamped in metal),
all repair receipts and original window sticker.

A few minor flaws:
-Blemish in clear coat over passengers doors, (see photo)
-Oil sending unit erratic, occasionally reads "0" or pegs max. I have new unit to install.
-Gas gauge erratic below half tank. Tap dash and it returns to correct reading. Low level light works fine.
-Sun roof auto-stop on closing is a little off. Stops just short of closed. Need to push button a second time to raise the rear of sunroof. Vent position works OK and roof does not leak.
-A/C not cold. Had tested last month. Pump OK, no leaks, good pressure. Need POA valve and/or evaporator valve. Still using R12.

Link to pictures: jebones' Photostream

If interested send PM

Jim

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I have seen this car and driven it several times. Probably the finest remaining example in the U.S.

Probably one of the best looking, too.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I am looking to sell before the winter season. Need room for other Alfa projects. All serous offers considered.
This is the lowest mile 164 around and has been extremely well cared for by Alfa enthusiasts since new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts