Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1990 alfa spider Quadrifoglio . The car is in very nice condition, but somewhere in its history the interior door panels were replaced to all black . It does not look bad ,but the original were two tone . Can these be found anywhere ?

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
What color(s) is the interior? Can you post a photo or two? You can also post an ad in the Classifieds section here, just click on "Wanted" for your header.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
He means the center sections as grey. Here is a Quad door card.

Vehicle Window Motor vehicle Hood Car

Reactions: alfaloco

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
ok-- got it. Thanks! Again, maybe the BB classifieds will turn up something. That does look cool "Italia" with that scarlet Quad carpeting.

·
Premium Member
2,315 Posts
If you have a good auto paint store, they can mix a good dye to turn them whatever color you want

·
Registered
9,993 Posts
you could try EB in England, they listed them but you'd need to check if they haven't all sold out.
I suspect at that crazy cheap price they have long gone;)
(EB were the first serious classic alfa spares shop in UK, always fair to deal with...I dealt with them back in the 70's!)
Spider QV door panels

also alfa parts midwest has one NOS driver's side piece on their list (are they still trading)
https://volpesmallbusinessconsulting.com/galleries/alfa-wheel-tires-interior-and-shop-equipment/

and OKP in germany do them (mucho $$$....;))
OKP GmbH

·
Premium Member
6,465 Posts
In 87 alfa went to speakers in the doors. The cover that went over the speakers pretty much covered up the carpet.

Reactions: Norseman50

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jim G you seem to know your alfa's ! You saved my butt a year ago in trying to locate a one year only pulley that was very difficult to find. You suggested a S 4 one with out the air con .... which I did ,and living happily ever after ! I did buy the one year only pulley that I found by fluke 3 months ago, I am keeping it on the shelf since I don't need aircon in a sports car. Now I came to the conclusion that the 2 tone qv door panel( red and grey) would not fit in my car...cus as you said alfa went to speakers in the doors , So I think that my black ones are the original ones for a 1990 spider Quad. That said mine are in pretty good shape , but I haven't been able to see any replacement in black with the speaker bump and holes. I did find the gray and black but they obviously won't work with the speakers

·
Premium Member
6,465 Posts
All Quads came with grey door panels. I did look at the links. All the panels being made do not have the slots cut in them for the speaker grills. The speakers were mounted on the outside of the door panels. The speaker grills slide into the notches. The grills stick out the same amount that the door pull does.

On the parts suppliers. Most of the products are using dates that they were used in the rest of the world. Also rest of the world spiders had slightly different interiors since they had more grade levels then we had

For the US cars. The 1990 models were made the same as the S3 with exception of the next gen engine.

Can you post a picture of your panels?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jim at the risk of sounding stupid ,I don't know how to upload pics to the forum. From what you are saying, is that my panels are indeed incorrect. OKP has the the gray panels with the red carpet, I assume they will fit using the current armrests etc , but the red carpet will not be visible

·
Premium Member
6,465 Posts
Jim at the risk of sounding stupid ,I don't know how to upload pics to the forum. From what you are saying, is that my panels are indeed incorrect. OKP has the the gray panels with the red carpet, I assume they will fit using the current armrests etc , but the red carpet will not be visible
Correct. You will also have to make the slots that the speaker grill hooks slide into. there are also 3 brackets riveted to the door panel for the screws that hold the bottom of the grill on.

Tomorrow I can take some pictures of an S4 door panel that I have off. There exactly the same just a different color and pattern. If your panel is correct. A upholster should be able to source a grey close the to correct color.

Attach pictures on here is pretty much like attaching them to your email. When you make a reply. look at the bottom of the box. In all the symbols you will see a paper clip. Click on it and it will take where you need to upload pictures from your computer.

·
Registered
9,993 Posts
this is a 90 quad with speakers
Hood Sky Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

and the door cards with speaker panel removed showing the metal brackets (riveted to the door panel) that JimG was explaining:
Camera accessory Audio equipment Musical instrument accessory Wood Film camera

so if your car has got this type of door speaker (that was a USA thing only; in europe the speakers were always in the footwell panel) then no company does that particular door panel, afaik.
You will have to modify one and swop over your existing clips.

Personally, if your door panels are decent and you just don't like the all black, then I'd just get the SEM vinyl paint out and paint the panel gray.

SEM is a top easy to use product, you just need to find a tone that matches your gray seats!
maybe something like this, off the cuff, but they do several grays for vinyl. Pick up a color chart.
Rectangle Sleeve Font Electric blue Pattern

·
Premium Member
6,465 Posts
so if your car has got this type of door speaker (that was a USA thing only; in europe the speakers were always in the footwell panel) then no company does that particular door panel, afaik.
You will have to modify one and swop over your existing clips.
Thanks Dom.

That's what I was thinking that the door speakers were US only.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gentlemen , thanks for your help. My door is exactly like the picture...but all black . My seats are also black with red stitching ( not grey)....I guess those were replaced as well , they are the correct quad type. Both the panels and seats are in almost excellent shape , I guess either I dye both the seats and the panels, or there will be a mismatch . I am not a purist but the car is not correct as far as colors .

·
Registered
9,993 Posts
if seats are black and in good shape, then just leave it be.
I suppose the carpets are red?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, they are red. I am thinking the same leaving it alone , but I guess it's not period correct, thought quad will never achieve GTV values or boat tail ones, I am a bit disappointed that's its not correct. Love the car , reliable ,fun and pretty

·
Premium Member
6,465 Posts
And 25 years ago. I never thought GTV would bring what they are bringing.

I would leave them alone also. The panels and seat color are spider veloce model. The red stitching matches the carpet. So at least you have so color coordination.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts