Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,994 Posts
I bought good ones from Jason at Alfissimo a couple of years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Everybody has them....Centerline, Classic Alfa, Vick, Alfaholics, OKP.....

·
Registered
289 Posts
Centerline is about the same price as Classic Alfa and I suspect the delivery and tax will be a lot less.

·
Premium Member
13,994 Posts
You are in for some disappointments if you shop spare parts by price alone.

·
Super Moderator
10,592 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
888 Posts
Jay, you sure are in a witty mood this evening!?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
vick's is $48 with shipping ! I git the price alone thing but none of them list the manufacturer except alfahaulics says they spec theres for top quality !

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
888 Posts
Alfaholics uses Frap. We have all heard the stories but hope they are wrong. I installed one of their suspension kits and all the ball joints were Frap. Certainly was not an inexpensive endeavor.. n

·
Premium Member
13,994 Posts
I had a FRAP lower ball joints that lasted about 2 years, 15K miles. Some people say that they have improved. For me it makes no sense to save $10 on a suspect product. FRAP can be identified by the castellated nut. The good ones have a Nylock nut.

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
888 Posts
I got Fraps with Nylocks......

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
A couple more data points:

Classic Alfa supplies FRAP also, with castellated nut. They say they've sold 1000's without complaint of premature failure.

Alfissimo sell ETS brand lower ball joints, but are out of stock right at the moment, with a quoted 1-2 week lead time. (Hopefully the parts aren't stuck in Italy behind quarantine lines . . .)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts