Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Which Horn Button Logo?

81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Paint Shop recommendations in Northern Ohio

Anyone have any recommendations? Hope to have it repainted this winter, so I am starting my research early. I felt comfortable doing the interior myself (except the upholstery), but I want a pro doing the prep and paint. I may do all the bright work removal prior though as I feel pretty comfortable doing that and would prefer all those little parts remain with me while its being repainted. That way they are safe from being lost and I can either get them rechromed or just polish them while I wait. Body and paint-wise, the front spoiler needs replacing or reforming and every body panel has a bit of parking lot rash on it so it will be a complete outside paint job including the door, trunk, and hood jambs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great job! I have considered doing the same with my '88 Graduate, and you have now given me incentive to do so. Of course, I would prefer a mapquest link so I could drop the car off for you :D

Excellent work, looks very professional - I applaud your patience!

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can be proud of what you have done with this Spider
Even my wife, now understand why I am always doing something to my 92
Thanks buddy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I remember the green Audi tear-down

Todd...Really great job as usual...it actually looks better that the original and I am sure that the quality is such that you won't see any reoccurrence as happened with the original aging parts. I just wish that I could have been there to help....I got time now! Love Dad:):D

·
Registered
2 Posts
A note from Mom too!

Todd, Dad just showed me all your pictures and comments. You did a
fantastic job. I am so glad you have something you really enjoy doing.

No job is worth doing unless you do it right, and you DID IT RIGHT! We are
so proud of you, as always.

Love, Mom

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 · (Edited)
Saturday's Project: New Driver's Side Door Pillar Post from IAP

I replaced the cracked original post with this one from IAP:
http://www.international-auto.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=2802&posid=895659
I have to say that this one is way better than the original one in that it is vinyl covered aluminum versus plastic so it won't crack like my original one did around the release levers for the fuel and trunk.

They also sell an OEM one for $50 more.
http://www.international-auto.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=2802&posid=895650
Installed, I cannot tell the difference between the two. The aluminum one is bent and formed just like the original plastic one, yet stronger.

While I was at it, I also replaced the weather stripping on the driver's side.

Attached are before and after pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
No, they are installed correctly. I compared the part that engages the trim with the ones from my orginal top boot. They have extended the one side of the clip now to provide a "lever" to more easily clip and unclip them now.

I only wish the other improvement that they had made was to mold them in black plastic versus white so they don't stick out like a sore thumb. I may remove them and spray them black or better yet just take a black sharpie marker to them.

81 - 100 of 137 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.