Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Which Horn Button Logo?

41 - 60 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Weather Stripping

Here are pictures before and after of the passenger side weather stripping. The plug does not come with the stripping from IAP, so you'll have to pull it out of your old one and reuse it. (Note the picture from the driver's side.) Unfortunately, I only had one of them left in the old one and will have find and order more new ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Rear Drape

At first it appeared that the rear drape was not wide enough to fit to both door pillars. The best way to install this I found was to attach it first under the passenger side pillar, then attach the screws on the top working my way around to the driver's side pillar. Finally, attach under the the driver's side pillar. I actually had to trim on both sides for it to fit right. I also had to drill holes to attach the top screws for the drape. Only a couple of the old holes lined up with the holes in the new drape. Be careful, as some of the holes I chose not to drill or install the screw as it would have ended up in the drain channel for the top.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Seat Pan modification

Remember I had the problem with the track movement mechanism clearing the "bulge" in the pan. I drilled a large hole in the pan for clearance so I wouldn't have to space up the seat with a bunch of washers.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
Stereo Pininfarina Blanking Plate mod

With the JVC detachable face removed, there is clearance for the blanking plate provided the tabs are cut off the back. One of mine was already broken off, so I didn't feel too bad about cutting the rest off. I used thin velcro to attach it on either side. The key to getting it to stick is to wipe the surfaces down with alcohol. I use eye glass lens cleaner wipes for this.
Also, don't have the same amount of surface contact on both sides of the velcro, or you end up just having one side eventually pull the other side off. The back of the blanking plate just has three small loop stickers of velcro on each side. Now I can make this Graduate look stock by putting the blanking plate over the new style radio when the detachable face is removed. There is also an iPod connector for this radio in the glove box :D.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Stereo Wiring for 1990 Graduate

I found this to be correct. Thanks Papajam.

From reading the schematic from CarDisc, translating English colors to Italian, and looking at how the wiring from the Alpine was hooked up, I've deduced the following connections:

N=Black=Nero=Ground
S=Pink=Rosa=Switched Power (from Ignition)
RN=Red/Black=Rosso/Nero=Battery (always hot)
R=Red=Rosso=Battery (always hot)
BN=White/Black=Bianco/Nero=Dimmer
AG=Blue(Azure)/Yellow=Azzurro/Giallo=Power Antenna/Remote Turn-on
[This last one was figured out by process of elimination, as I couldn't think how they had an "A" for blue(blu), but then thought of the color 'azure'.]

Have I got it correct? I need to know before I install the new JVC HD Radio :D. and put the new carpet back in.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Yes it works. But not real safe during acceleration. Kind of throws you back. . .so I'll only be using it to sit and listen to my new HD radio in the garage for now.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Here are pictures before and after of the passenger side weather stripping. The plug does not come with the stripping from IAP, so you'll have to pull it out of your old one and reuse it. (Note the picture from the driver's side.) Unfortunately, I only had one of them left in the old one and will have find and order more new ones.
Thanks for this! I found one of these plugs under the seat when I vacuumed out my car last Saturday, and had no idea what it went to -- until now.

Great job on the interior. Incredibly organized, and quite impressive.

-Rob

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I love the idea of using velcro to attach the factory blank off plate, I will incorporate that into mine as well-**** good idea!!!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Seat and Door Panel Leather Sample

Here's a sample from the leather hide that the seat and door panels willl be covered in. I am able to get both seats and door panels covered for $785 + tax. From checking the usual parts stores (IAP, Centerline, Re-Originals), this is very reasonable, especially since its custom upholstery. I could spent more than that ordering (2) new vinyl door panels and leather seat covers from some of the online places. This will be a much better way to go and also less expensive. I'll post pictures once I get them back.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Which Horn Button Logo? (pictures of the options)

The Classico Steering wheel came with two choices for a horn button:
1. The Nardi logo button comes with a trim ring that snaps over socket cap allen bolts holding the wheel to the hub, so you don't see the attaching bolts.

2. The Alfa logo button has no trim ring and the wheel attaches with flat head socket allen bolts that are seen.

[No, you can't use the Alfa logo button with the trim ring for the Nardi logo button.]

Please vote in the poll.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 137 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.