Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Which Horn Button Logo?

21 - 40 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
1990 Stereo Wiring Colors, am I correct?

From reading the schematic from CarDisc, translating English colors to Italian, and looking at how the wiring from the Alpine was hooked up, I've deduced the following connections:

N=Black=Nero=Ground
S=Pink=Rosa=Switched Power (from Ignition)
RN=Red/Black=Rosso/Nero=Battery (always hot)
R=Red=Rosso=Battery (always hot)
BN=White/Black=Bianco/Nero=Dimmer
AG=Blue(Azure)/Yellow=Azzurro/Giallo=Power Antenna/Remote Turn-on
[This last one was figured out by process of elimination, as I couldn't think how they had an "A" for blue(blu), but then thought of the color 'azure'.]

Have I got it correct? I need to know before I install the new JVC HD Radio :D. and put the new carpet back in.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Tifosi,
Do I have what the wires do/go to correct?

For All,
I didn't list the speaker wiring chart as that was pretty evident what was what, just looking at what colors came off each speaker. Note, the black stripe for each speaker goes to the speaker's negative pole or else your speaker is out of phase.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Your translation of the colors was all I was confirming.

Looking at a factory radio schematic for late S3:

Black to chassis ground

Red through fuse to fusebox #5 fuse (#5 controls door buzzer & fusebox illumination, so is presumably hot all the time)

Light blue/black and light blue to one speaker

Gray/black and gray to the other speaker

That's it. :shrug:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Where I started

Backtracking a bit, here are pictures of the interior before I gutted it.
The driver's seat bottom and back are ripped and all the vinyl is faded.
The fading is really evident in the next post at the upholstery shop.
The carpet is three different colors: dark brown, light brown, and orange.
The door seals need to be replaced. There are also a few minor broken plastic parts that need to be glued which will be covered in a future post.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Faded door panels and seats

These shots show how faded the vinyl has become. The seats and door panels are going to be recovered in leather matching the unfaded vinyl sections behind the door panel arm rests.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
What are these parts?

I found these little black plastic squares and a spring sitting next to the ECU under the parcel shelf. The pictures are of both sides of the parts. Anybody have a clue as to what they are?

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Plastic Surgery

The vent lever cover area and the bottom steering column cover had cracked pieces.

1. Working on the back sides, I roughed up the surfaces with sandpaper so the epoxy would better adhere.
2. Areas to be glued were cleaned with lens wipes. The alcohol won't harm the plastic and removes any grease or grime and dries rather fast.
3. Plastic Surgery glue was used on the mating areas and the parts were glued back together. Any kind of "super glue" (cyano based) would work here, but I happened to find some made for plastic.
4. I then followed up with the Plastic Welder Epoxy to build up a fillet around the area to further strengthen it. Probably any kind of epoxy would also work, but my hardware store had some made for plastic as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
More Plastic Surgery

The end cap on the new parcel shelf rail arrived broken. Fortunately, I found the piece in the box and glued it back on in the same manner as the other parts. This plastic is less than 1mm thick in places and can easily break so I also strengthened the backside of both parts with the Plastic Weld Epoxy.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
screws to cut off prior to carpet install

I'll be cutting the ends of these off prior to putting the new carpet in to save my knee caps from being punctured.. They were almost sticking through the orginal carpet on the driver's side only.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
"Compartment" (?) under Ignition Switch above the Knee Bolster

I could never figure out why this space was here. Its just big enough to hide your keys behind it. I RTV'd the vinyl back to the plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Punch List prior to Carpet Install

Plans for Friday:
  • clean all small plastic parts
  • clean bottom of dashboard where it meets the knee bolster
  • clean knee bolster
  • clean center console pieces
  • clip on new leather shift boot
  • cut off the screws protruding through the driver's floor pan
  • vacuum and clean floor pans
  • Scotchguard all new carpet pieces
  • Duct tape underlayment where its ripped
  • verify all electrical devices/switches still work as things have been moved for the first time in 17 years (I would be willing to bet there will be a few gremlins that crop up, we'll see.)

Then its time for the carpet install.:cool:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Ignition area "compartment"

That 'comparment', isn't that where the dimmer switch would normally go?
No, the "compartment" is on the top side of the bolster, to the right of the steering column. The dimmer switch is mounted in the bolster facing back just below this same area though. The more I look at it, I think its there to provide clearance for removing the bolster when the flap is folded out of the way.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Also found one in my 92

I also found one spring and one plastic part in the ashtray of my 92
I do not know what this is but one day, we shall find out

21 - 40 of 137 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.