Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Papajam I found a couple of lose wires that got cleaned up and regrounded.
1. I am missing a ground wire. The diagram shows a ground from ecu #19 to ground at intake manafold near #4 injector. I will post picture later, I have no wire in the harness. I took harness apart hoping that the lose or broken wire was inside, No lose wire or short or cut wires. DO I NEED THIS WIRE FOR THE CAR TO START.

2. Checked the fuel presure with fuel gauge. When cranking engine presure was 37 psi and stayed at 37 for 20 minutes then started to go down, stayed at 26psi. Is good presure, CAR STILL DID NOT START.

3. COIL.
I tested coil on car and have two old coils not sure which on I should put on car.
#1 terminals #1 to #15 1.1 #1 to #4 6.03
#2 terminals #1 to #15 1.1 #1 to #4 3.9
#3 terminals #1 to #15 .09 #1 to #4 6.66 THIS IS THE ONE ON THE CAR. SHOULD I GET NEW COIL.

thanks for the help

·
Administrator
17,512 Posts
There are two 'gangs' of computer grounds attached to the engine. One is for the ignition computer, the other for the FI computer. Originally one was under a bolt for the AAV, the other under a bolt on the intake/block right side towards the rear.

I moved the grounds from the AAV bolt down to the bolt on the intake/block to make R/R'ing the cam cover a little easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got evrything back on, and thought about one more check on the fuel system. I changed the rubber hose to the rail as it was looking and feeling brittle. I put the fuel gauge on the return side tried cranking engine and got no reading. Gauge starts at 10. I took gague off and had some pressure.
Put hose back on AND THE CAR STARTED. YES THE CAR STARTED.
i drove around the block a few times and their if a total lack of power pulled in drive way and it ideals great. I was able to take off pug #4 ideal got bad, took off three ideal got bad, took off #1 ideal got bad and inproved arfter put back on.
If I take off air hose to get toplug # 2 will the car die.
I am going to read threads on lose of power. THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT DID NOT GIVE UP ON ME. PAPAJAM AND GHNL THANKS FOR HANGING IN WWITH ME.
I think I will start a new thread on ower lose and reading the threads that are out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts