Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
18,852 Posts
I attached the engine to the stand at the engine mount.

Some mechanics use Locktight on the flywheel bolts. You'll need to lock the crankshaft in order to apply enough torque to undo them And if there is locktight on the bolts, heat will help. Warm them up with a propane torch.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,852 Posts
Yes. Actually I didn't make/use the adapter shown in the sketch above - that is something I stole off the internet. I did bolt the engine to the stand at the motor mount studs. I removed the studs and used longer bolts with spacers (hollow tubes) to attach it to the piece that came with the engine stand.

P.S. note that when you re-install the flywheel it must be installed correctly. It is not 'doweled', thus there are six possible ways to install it but only one is correct...

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,852 Posts
The Alfa engine can certainly be mounted to an engine stand via the engine mount studs. The pictures I posted are real...

I don't know about attaching the gearbox while it is mounted that way. That puts the weight a longer distance from the mount - might be too much leverage-wise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.