Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my pod rebuilt 3 months ago. Everthing was working great then the speedometer and heater fan went out. So I checked the fuse and it was bad. Replaced the #9 fuse. Thought that would resolve problem. Car would not start, no nosie, no cliicking nothing. Put volt meter on battery 12.75. Took out the fuse that I just replaced ( it was not bowen). Tried to start the car again and it turned over great. I think it sounds like a short but where (fuse box). Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
What about your relays, have you played with some of the relays maybe? Do your interior lights work, have you tried replacing this relay?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1989 spider veloce wiring problem

Have not played with any relays and the interior light still work.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Have not played with any relays and the interior light still work.
Ignition switch? Pull the switch out, pull it apart, spray it down with electronics cleaner, put it back it (dry of course) and retest. You definetly have a short no doubt it, but where...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I'll look in the manuel how hard is it to pull ignition switch. Also how would #9 fuse short to ignition switch. Thanks

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Also how would #9 fuse short to ignition switch. Thanks
Maybe it doesn't short to switch, maybe the short is in between, that fuse may only light up with the key in the on position. Putting enough drain on the electrical system to not allow the car to crank.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

If that is the case. Should I check the following at the starter. #1 with fuse in get reading. #2 With fuse in and key turned get reading. any other ideas

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
If that is the case. Should I check the following at the starter. #1 with fuse in get reading. #2 With fuse in and key turned get reading. any other ideas
Well, what does #9 fuse feed to begin with? Heater and speedometer? Put a lower amp rated fuse in and see if it blows with the key out, then if it doesn't, turn the key on. Process of elimination. You have a short, you just want to know where and when.

·
Registered
520 Posts
attached is the tech bulleting updated fuse-assignment for the 89

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts