Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, this is my first time posting here. Thought I might be able to find some help with my Alfa.

I have an '89 Veloce that will not start. Car has been sitting in a garage for about a year. I started with the ignition system and found that somehow the previous owner got spark plug nipples stuck up in the ignition wire terminals (corroded). I replaced the spark plugs, ignition wires, and confirmed that I have spark at each cylinder. So I am certain the ignition system is working properly.

My next guess is that I have a fuel problem. Either the fuel pump is not working, I have bad injectors...or maybe the fuel has gone bad from sitting? I added about a gallon of fresh gas to the tank last week, and it did not help.

Hoping some of you more experienced guys can point me in the right direction. Is this a common issue for many Alfa's?

Thank you,
Greg

·
Premium Member
22,639 Posts
There's a Bosch Spider troubleshooting guide sticky, and attached to one or more Spider experts' signatures here to help you out.
Yes it's common. Most common problem is too low voltage, even if the car turns over OK. Another likely problem is relays and sensors not working right, and nonworking fuel pump. But there's a systematic way to proceed in the guide, which helped me on two cars.
Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts