Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,
I am very new to this forum, having recently bought a 1989 red spider Quadrifoglio. I am not new to classic cars having owned a 1966 Jaguar E type, 1976 Triumph TR 6 , and currently own a classic Fiat 500 F and a 69 Mercedes 280 S. Finally had to try the ALFA , and after correcting a lot of negligence by previous owner (s) and spending close to 8 K ( dollars) on top of the purchase price, things are mostly all sorted out and the car is magnificent. Now the question the car is a 1989 spider quadrifoglio , built in 07/89 . Everywhere a read ,it has been stated that ALL quadrifoglios had GREY seats with red stitching ....well mine has BLACK seats with red stitching , everything else on the car is quadrifoglio ( badges , skirts etc , power windows ,air con etc.) I don't think it's a fake quad ( as that would seem silly). Can anyone help me with this confusion !!
Cheers
Saetta

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe the black with red stitching was an available euro spec for the QV (euro quad) and those seats are available aftermarket from classicalfa so someone could have made the switch. My quad has the gray and red and I have been looking for replacements since mine are dead in the water. If you want to make the switch I have only found two kits.

One from classic alfa that is vinyl and inexpensive 165 a piece and one from centerline that is like 1300 for leather.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your prompt reply, the puzzle magnifies since the door panels are black also, (vs. red and grey), and they are relatively worn , in other words they don't appear to be replacements . The car is a US specs model and the body is rust free and intact, so it makes little sense to change colors inside even if the originals wore out . They should have been logically replaced with the original . I am wondering if some quad s made it to US with the black interior you mentioned

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,596 Posts
After this many years anything is possible. I would guess they were sum damaged and someone replaced them with black which is much easier to find.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Norseman50

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ditto archaeologist. There are zero gray door panels aftermarket. I am having to manufacture my own to redo those. Plus hardboard and vinyl is 20 bucks where as online for panels are 300 or so.
Someone probably just bought black to make the seats make sense. Inspect the carpet (if there is some) at the footplate on the door panel in front of the map pocket. Even if done well you will be able to tell if it’s not factory. If there is no carpet it’s not factory

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ditto archaeologist. There are zero gray door panels aftermarket. I am having to manufacture my own to redo those. Plus hardboard and vinyl is 20 bucks where as online for panels are 300 or so.
Someone probably just bought black to make the seats make sense. Inspect the carpet (if there is some) at the footplate on the door panel in front of the map pocket. Even if done well you will be able to tell if it’s not factory. If there is no carpet it’s not factory

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The carpet is red and perfectly fitting. The car also came with factory hard top, so the car is an original quad, the seats ...I guess not.
Thanks guys for your thoughts ...if you have more they are welcome ! I don't think for the time being I will change anything ...just make it all shine. It's a lot of fun , a combination of a Swiss watch and a tractor, very interesting motoring and the mechanicals once put right seem to stay right. Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Centerline Alfa has after market quad leather grey seats for about $1300...black looks better all the time !!

·
Registered
8,437 Posts
Ditto archaeologist. There are zero gray door panels aftermarket.
OKP in Germany advertise them in grey/red (silly price though)
they also do grey, red stitch seats (vinyl) for about 210$ each
OKP GmbH
OKP GmbH

and EB spares in UK did the grey/red door cards....might still have some if you asked (EB's price will be more realistic, methinks)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts