Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention Collectors- Do you remember the ads? "Summer. Time Again For The Birds And The Bees...And The Spiders." (I've got an original ad included with this sale) Hard to believe it is nearly twenty years ago until you remember that Milli Vanilli had 4 songs in the top 30 that year!! Ah, the 80's. Just like the 50's, good times, bright colors and lots of excess (not so much bubblegum). This is an 1989 Alfa Spider, Quadrifoglio (there were only 2 special editions for Spiders- the Quadrifoglio's and the Final Editions in 94, they will appreciate, they already are). 1989 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio, one of only 230 ever built This car is a one owner car, in fact I recently bought it directly from the original owner, haven’t even registered it yet so you will be the second owner. I love the car, but it's one too many. I’ve done extensive research on this car and if you’re looking for a completely documented, original, rare Alfa, this may be it. This car has less than 30,000 miles, currently 28,900 and change, but I do show it and drive it on a very limited basis. What a car. This car was built Sept. 26th, 1988, titled as a 1989 and sold new on July 20th, 1989 in New York. It was sold by Steven Kessler Motors, the only Ferrari, Maserati, and Alfa Romeo dealer in the state at that time. The car was kept its’ entire life in a garage in Croton On The Hudson, the owners country home. I have the original sales documents, owners manual in the original leather case, in fact I even have the original Rand McNally map given to all new Alfa buyers, plus glove box light, original buyer/dealer delivery checklist signed by the first owner, pay off docs when he paid off the loan, clean CARFAX report to confirm, and even the ORIGINAL Alfa Romeo car cover with Alfa Romeo across it! Got the factory pull out radio and security code too! Finally, I have a copy of the original Certificate of Origin still in the original envelope. Interestingly enough, my partner and I actually bought a car directly from Steven Kessler this past Summer. He’s in FL now, but he can confirm that HE sold the car NEW! I also contacted Automobilismo Storico Alfa Romeo directly in Italy and they confirmed the cars history, that only 4,293 series 3 spiders were ever built and confirmed that only 230 Quads were built in 1989. Yes, everything is here, including the fantastic hard top, which has always been stored in plastic, original soft top too adn it even has the Alfa logo'd cloth window protector. Before it left NY for the first time I had it completely checked out, fluids changed, radiator was re-cored, belts changed, inspected top to bottom (car has been obsessively garaged) and a compression test done (every cylinder was dead on). Got all these docs too. Car is in fantastic, Original condition, couple scratches here and there, but why mess with a perfectly original car. She does have a newer pair of shoes, but they are Pirelli P6's. This car is close to Mint and may take top honors at any show based on originality, but if you want perfect you'll need to respray a scratch/ding under the front passenger headlight and the passenger mirror, finish the A/C (compressors are $350), replace the trunk badge and replace a couple of knobs. Exterior cond- 8.5 Interior cond- easily 9.5 maybe a 10, the leather is scary clean. Mechanical cond- easily 9.0 Bonus Press Pak- As you can see in the photos, even the original dealer brochure is included along with a couple of other goodies, all original ads and Road & Track reviews and Alfa Guides. Call me today Gino 480-217-1243. Asking $14,500. I tried to upload photos, no luck. Email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Welcome to the BB!

You are offering a very nice car, but I have to say that several people on this BB did see your ebay auction, and unfortunately, your lack of knowledge about the marque did not help build any confidence... As an example of what is just not the case are the exclusivity numbers that you claim for the Quad, and I also noticed in your answers to questions, a response with your assertion that the Quad was the only edition to get a monopod, while other Spiders didn't get this until 1991... I know you aren't trying to deceive anybody, but I can't see these factual errors as being helpful when selling the car...

You will find a wealth of information on this BB, so I would encourage you to do a search.

Best regards,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right, I'm not extremely versed in Alfa's. However, the #'s I quoted are directly from Alfa Romeo Storico and I'd be happy to forward a copy of the correspondence with Marco to anyone. He says, and I quote, "Total Spider 2.0 I.E's = 4,293, 88 Quads= 349 and 89 Quads= 230."
You may be right, I'm just going by the historical group for the mark.
As for my comment regarding the monopod dash, if I made a mistake it is certainly possible, I thought that Quads were first and then the others got it, but I don't remember saying not until 91.
Very sorry about the confusion or mistakes on my part. I am more than happy to provide whatever I can, have tons of photos and anyone can come see the car in Apache Junction, AZ which is just outside of Phx.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
No need to apologize... I think we can tell that you are an honest person, and especially when the car is available for anyone to inspect. I have often said that there are people out there who actually have an Alfa, but don't necessarily think it's imperative to go "Alfa crazy" - like some of us on the BB. :)

That's a nice car, and you'll see that it will find a good owner. Also, this time of year, and until the warm weather returns, it does typically take longer to sell a Spider so I wouldn't be too worried that it didn't reach the originally targeted reserve.

Best regards,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, it is nice and I'm not real concerned about meeting reserve or selling it right away for that matter. It is so fun to drive. I have 6 other cars, one is a 1974 TR6 (which I hope no one here holds against me) but it's been in restoration for more than 2 yrs and this Quad reminds me again why I like these little convertibles. On another note, I have never had so many women check out a car as do they in this Quad...UNREAL. I thought an English Bulldog puppy was the best bait but I'm not sure now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts