Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a performance chip is available for 1989 Spiders? (L-Jetronic ignition).

I've only been able to find them for the newer Motronic systems.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Hey Alfa Gator,

I am sorry to tell ya, but the Bosh L-jet is not chip-able. As you have already found only the Motronic has that particular feature. I would suggest to you though, talking to AlfaTaso on this board. He has a way of tuning the Air flow meter so that you get almost the same effect on the L-Jet cars. It does work, and all the cars he has tuned have exploded with power and life. So I would say give him an e mail and ask for instructions.

Best regards.

Martin.

71 Spider Veloce

87 Quadrifolio Spider.

·
Registered
217 Posts
AFM mods.

Hi Alfa Gator - did you take the cover off the AFM and tinker with good results?

I was amazed how much better my car ran after I cleaned the AFM and ensured it was operating smoothly. According to one website -BMW I think, You can check the mixture adjustment by manually lifting the flap while the engine is running - similar to mixture checking on an SU carburetor by lifting the piston.

Adjusting the AFM may get more gas into the motor, but how do we get more air into it with that puny AFM.?

Have you investigated larger AFM's, like off a BMW?

Merry Christmas All !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts