Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone interested?? 1989 Milano Verde w/ 106,000 miles

Just got done rebuilding this car. With transmission mount, motor mount, new headers, S pistons, S cams. When you start the car, there is no oil pressure. Just want to sell it.. Make me an offer..

You can email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
37 Posts
So to clarify, you finished rebuilding the motor and there is a problem with oil delivery so the engine can't run and you are selling as-is. Do you have any history or paperwork on the car?. Also I couldn't see from the pictures but does the car has ABS or has it been converted? Where in Virginia? TIA

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its been converted from ABS. When you start the car, it holds 35 pounds of pressure, and then when it gets hot, it goes to zero. I'm in Harrisonburg, VA. If you need to know anything, you can call International Auto Parts, or you can also call my mechanic. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Does that oil pressure light turn on? They are on separate systems. Please verify with an auxiliary gauge that you really are losing pressure. The v6 pressure senders are known to be flaky. I felt bad reading this, I know what a bummer it must have been to see no oil pressure....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The oil pressure light does not come on..... The last two times that I let it go, I ended up replacing 2 sets of lifters, and a set of cams. I really don't know what to do. Thanks for empathizing, with the situation.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Were is the car located?

Paul

·
Registered
363 Posts
After a car has gotten hot and the oil has thinned, the pressure is supposed to get lower isnt it?

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I'm with Grant. If low pressure warning light isn't coming on it may be fine. You really should verify oil pressure with a separate mechanical gauge to make sure you have a real engine problem, and not just a common immaterial oil pressure sender problem. At hot idle many show close to 0 lbs on the gauge. It makes the difference between the car being worth very little and a nice driver or better.
Jes

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm with Grant. If low pressure warning light isn't coming on it may be fine. You really should verify oil pressure with a separate mechanical gauge to make sure you have a real engine problem, and not just a common immaterial oil pressure sender problem. At hot idle many show close to 0 lbs on the gauge. It makes the difference between the car being worth very little and a nice driver or better.
Jes
Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't miss out on this opportunity!! Must sell... Make me an offer! Don't be afraid. Lets do business..

·
Registered
738 Posts
I can verify the oil pressure sender (for the gauge) sucks. I replaced one and it worked for all of a week and a waste of like $50. As long as the idiot light comes on you are likely fine. That ancient idiot light technology is pretty solid :) Just make sure the light doesn't flicker or come on under load like higher RPMs or higher G turns.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts