Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More Seats

Mike at Bright Auto Upholstery sent me to a place that buys remaining auto upholstery fabric and also custom weaves fabric to match stock fabric. Since the Recaro basket weave is no longer available, I found this vintage 80's fabric. I think it looks pretty slick. The driver seat got a new outer bolster that came in an Isuzu plastic bag. I didn't know Isuzu sold a car with Recaros.

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More interior shots

The flash went out on my phone so I was holding a drop light with one hand and trying to take pictures with the other. The last shot is a three ring binder full of receipts. I must have moved on the instrument cluster shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Door trim panels

Here are the door trim panels getting ready to be removed to swap out the fabric inserts and replace the door handle gaskets. The driver window motor is dead so it's getting replaced. All the windows go up and down at normal speed not slow like high mileage cars. There are four door pulls and covers.

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Paint

This is what happens to paint when you take your baby out of the garage and put it under a car cover--even in Southern California winters. As soon as the new timing belt is installed the car is headed to the painter for new hood and roof paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Refinished wheels and new tires

These are the good BWA wheels refinished in the correct silver with Dunlop Direzza tires in the correct 195/55-15 size so there is no rubbing during turns.

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Mechanical work thus far:

I've replaced the fuel pump, filter, pressure regulator, and all the fuel hose. You should have seen a the leaks after I replaced the fuel pump: both sides in the rear and under the hood.

I pulled the tank sending unit and checked out the tank with a boroscope and it looks good, I didn't find any crud around the strainer.

Tomorrow I'm replacing the timing belt. I listened to the water pump, power steering pump, and alternator with my stethoscope and the bearings are all quiet.

The rear transmission mount, drive shaft flex discs, center support, center support bearing, and upper transaxle mount are all good. I'll test the side transaxle mounts next time I have it in the air - they are good.

The tach and speedo are erratic and have been sent to Palo Alto Speedo. The other gauges work fine and the cooling fan cycles when it should

The car came with a can of R12 so it will have cold a/c in time for winter.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
He is probably documenting the repairs to the car prior to sale, ala Wheeler Dealers. Pretty smart move if you ask me.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I (my brother,now) have the exact same car, but it's thrashed. We always talk about trying to find a low mileage example...This is that car! These cars drive amazing and are so fun! If I didn't have 3 alfas already, I'd be extremely interested in this one, however would have preferred to do the work myself to save $. No doubt you'll likely get a good amount of $ for this.

Glwts!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Door trim panels and checked the valves

I checked the valves a while back and the intakes were 019" exhaust 009" It looks like all the belts had been replaced, all fluids changed, and spark plugs replaced before the car was stored. Too bad the owner didn't keep a full tank of gas with fuel stabilizer in it. Well that probably wouldn't have kept the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator from failing.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts